Chapter 35

Stubborn

"Just be careful here, okay?"Mom said. I nodded. "Why? Are you afraid that we might be attacked here?"I asked. She sighed. Of course that's in her mind.

"Just in case, I'll put Fineas here,"

My eyes widen then laughed. "That idiot should show himself again,"I said. She hugged me gently then turned to Dad. "Tell her what you want to tell, Emelio,"she said.

He nodded. I turned to him. "I think Bernard returned to his base but we will find him sooner because he didn't clean much his footsteps,"he said.

I nodded. I'll punish him the only way I know. "I underestimated him,"I said in a low voice. "What?"Father asked. I looked up to him. "He knows that I might somehow escape from his prison then prepared a bomb if that happens. I thought being an agent with skills is enough. I think Bernard is just more than a syndicate,"I said.

He sighed. It seems that I'm right. "I only confirmed it for now. He came from some kind of a clan and he's the leader. He even got a wife,"he said disgustingly.

I nodded. Clan... I suddenly remembered of Rhenzo. He was spying. I'm not sure if it's Raven but I'm practically sure that it's a different Clan.

"Their clan is called 'Moontan'. Cheesy. I tried to find informations but no such luck. But I got a lead, if the members are still kids, the higher ups will burn their backs with crescent moon and the scar would still exist,"he said. My eyes widen.

"Kids? They burn the kids just so they could carry their mark with it?"I asked. What a ridiculous clan. I suppose that we also need to find them. Bernard is the leader and his loss will reported to them then the history will repeat, they will try to kill my family again.

"I don't suppose that we need to check all of the people in the world to confirm if they're one of the Clan,"Fineas entered.

He looked different today. I mean, his face is still the same but he seemed on the good mood. I wonder what happened to him and Ionah.

"No. It would be hassle,"Dad said.

"He was just joking, Emelio. Your sense of humor is very low!"Mom complained then I chuckled. I nodded. "I agree on that. Is there really no way to find that clan?"I asked.

Dad shook his head while scowling at Mom. "No. I think they're scattered. Spies, not like the Swiss C'anard that gathers,"he said.

Spy. How short but dangerous.

"We will try again tomorrow. We'll leave for now. We have a meeting with Larey shippings to be their company lawyer, as well as the Arcadejas,"he tilted his head as if I had got to do something with it.

"What? We're still not committed, yet,"I put on an innocent face. "Still? Are you joking with me, Enticeana?"Dad asked while raising his eyebrows.

I pressed my both lips then blinked two times. "I'm not joking— I mean, we're still at the bf and gf line,"I smiled dryly.

He rolled his eyes. "Line, eh? Since, Zanelo himself asked and his brother, I don't have the heart to decline,"he nodded then smiled. "You didn't decline it because you were glorious with it. Piece of joke,"I widen my eyes when Mom said that.

I didn't expect that she has this side. "Hey. Let's go, honey. Before we would be late at the board meeting,"Dad smiled at her.

That's the problem, really! Business is really first in their minds. But I'm not a kid anymore. I could be glad just by looking at them together and ignoring me. I'm fine at that now.