Chapter 39

Wound

And as if he knew, Rubious came in. My heart slightly fluttered and I was suddenly afraid the machine would trace it and go alarm. He looked weary. I pressed my lips together.

Of course, he'll rant on me.

He sighed in relief. "You're fine,"obviously, I'm not. I feel like a statue for lying down in this bed for days. "Uh..yeah,"I muttered.

I realized that he was weary and bothered. "I heard there was kind of a problem,"I said. He sighed then nodded at Gian. Gian smiled at me then left us.

"I wish you could've wait until you get transferred into a ward but I know better,"he sat beside me. I twisted my lips. I'm stubborn, alright but I really didn't force him.

"Is it a... Major problem?"I asked, my heart fastening its beat for anticipation for that problem. "Well, kind of,"I don't know what to react at that response.

"He tried to escape, I mean, Bernard,"

My mind immediately caught the tried. There's two choices for it, he's still on prison or...

"Soldiers shot him when it almost got out of hand and well... He died,"he looked straight at me to watch my reaction. I pouted. "Well, it almost went out of hand,"I responded back.

He smiled a little. "I expected that you would be outraged,"he said. I shook my head. "I-it's fine. I don't mean that I'm glad that he died but something ended because of it, not just my revenge but also for his daughters but I don't know if it will start something again,"I said, worried.

He inhaled sharply. "Yeah, about that,"he exhaled. "They escaped?"I guessed. He looked guilty. I smiled. "I figured that it would happen 99 percent,"I said honestly. "Of course they'll escape, Bernard had a lot of allies, too,"I added.

He studied me if I told him the truth. I raised an eyebrow to tell him that I did. "I thought you would be... You know, angry,"I shook my head immediately.

"His daughters weren't a part of this. Just like I wasn't supposed to. He was my Father's enemy in the first place and I don't want it to happen to Venus and Luna. I—"I chocked when I remembered how their Mother died.

Of course! That look on Venus. She thought I might've killed her Mother.

"What?"he asked when he noticed I stopped. "Where's the man who escorted them?"I asked. "He's outside and discussing things with your Father,"his voice was steely as if he knew I didn't tell him something.

I sighed. "I'll tell you as soon as I transfer,"I said. Then, I smiled. "How many times was I brought to this place?"I asked.

"I don't know, I don't really count when I'm worried,"

I rolled my eyes. "Fool. I just want to say I will stop coming here,"I said. His eyebrows furrowed when he didn't get what I said. "I'm quitting... As an agent,"I directly said.

He blinked.

I pouted. I can't help but worry when he gets quiet.

"Okay,"he said calmly. I raised an eyebrow. "You won't ask why?"I asked. "I will ask later but it will strain you, you just woke up. And what matters to me most is that you're alive,"

I tried hard not to put a sour face. Eurgh! "You know that we're in a hospital, not dating, right?"I asked. He nodded. "Of course, I'm a doctor, myself,"

"Entice!"a scream so loud that all patients in the ICU turned. I blushed when I knew it was Praia and Darius quickly covered her mouth. Yeah, I'm not a doctor myself but shouting in front of almost critical patients is definitely not right.

"How many times do I have to visit you here?"she hissed and ignored the nurses who were throwing her a look. She marched to me and she had that I'll-strangle-you look.

"I didn't tell you that you need to visit me,"I said a little nervous.

"You bitch how dare.. URGH. You shouldn't worry anyone,"she pouted. I chuckled. "And you spend your time lying down, you're unfair while I have a bunch of work,"she scowled.

"Oh please, you easily can take an off,"I scowled back. A loud clear in throat stopped Praia talking back. "I believe that the patient is stable enough to be transferred right now,"I didn't notice Jahrid.

I held at the wound. "Maybe,"I muttered. He smiled a little. "Everyone go outside, please,"he said. "I'll go with you,"Praia volunteered.

"Pr—"

"Shut up,"I was surprised that her boyfriend obeyed her. She smiled at Jahrid. "Okay then. Let us through,"he gestured some nurses to assist him. They moved my bed and I yelped when I felt my wound open.

"En!"Rubious also yelped.

"I'm fine, idiot,"I snapped.

I heard a nurse chuckle. He's embarrassing to have. "Get out now,"I ordered him. He and Darius went out to let us through.

They finally rolled my bed and I feel a bit dizzy. Where's Father? Did it took him that long? Or was I... Never mind.

Control yourself. This is just another day. I sighed. How many times I've been in this hospital? Felt like home. I always come here every time I wound up myself and my life.

But wounds are no more. I'm going to have a new life. With him... Can't say a normal life, there's always something out there, reaching to me.

My stomach curled remembering Venus. Oh. Right. Guilty ate me. I don't know what to do if she comes back many years later.

But I hope I had enough time until I heal this wound and enjoy a wound less life... If there's any, of course.