Chapter 27

Don't give up on me

I dreamed before of having things that I want. Freedom that I want. But I guess... Living is also living with pain.

But who cares?

Let's get drunk and don't give a fuck for pain. "Cheers to the pain that we don't give a fcuking care!"I smiled as I raised the can.

I heard the clanging of the can and I drank my fifth can. I can feel my world spinning but I swear, I'm still not drunk.

"To the memories that have been gone,"Gian said with a smile and he's drunk now.

"That we're just meant to be bestfriends,"Leon whispered at the can and he's almost hitting it.

I looked at my can.

"To all of the broken promises,"I groaned and closed one eye. Why do I see two cans in my hand?

Am I drunk?

It can't be. I opened my two eyes and it's night already. Oh. I didn't notice the falling of the sun.

"Hey. It's night,"I whispered to the two guys. "But I still want to drink,"Leon got another can. "Yeah, me too. It tasted amazing,"Gian sat down properly at the grass.

And a second passed, I got my seventh can. Was that really just a second?

Damn. I can't keep track of the time now. "We.."I hiccuped. "Should be sober enough to return let's stop at the next can,"I tried to be sober as possible to say that.

"Yeah. Let's do that,"Gian lied down at the grass and Leon did, too. I also lied down at the grass.

I want to sleep. But I should at least return to the ward.

I woke up when I felt the warmth beside me was gone. I opened my eyes and saw Leon got up but accompanied.

I got my can and drinked. The coldness of the aluminum feels refreshing to my lips. "Leave her to me. If Mr. Haniego knows about the patients that are drunk here, you would all be fired,"I heard Rubious' voice.

I'm dreaming. Right.

I sighed and lie down again but before my back reached the grass, someone was holding it.

"Let's go to your room,"I heard his voice again. The place is blurry and I can't see him. "Are you there, Rubious? I'm not drunk. I can handle myself,"I yawned.

"No, you're not,"he said coldly. I pouted. "How would you know?"I turned to him.

"I just know,"

"I wish I could know myself better,"I sat down properly. I can feel his hands in my both shoulders.

"En, you know I won't leave you. Don't do this,"he begged. I cupped his face. "Do what, Roi? Do you mean about being drunk? Don't worry. I just did that to ease the P-A-I-N,"I said.

I can hear his sigh and finally, my vision is clear. He's frowning and his eyes is as gentle as I could see in my life.

My life is gentle but killing me inside.

"I mean about ignoring me. And I'm scared that you'll leave me again,"he said. I pouted and stared at him.

"Again?"

"Five years ago. My Mom betrothed me when I was in the yacht. And when you called me, I can feel that you're the one who is leaving me,"he said.

I cleared my throat. "I'm a dangerous woman that you hang out. I have death in my name. But it changed now. Maybe your Mother's mind would do so,"I leaned in his chest.

"What? Mom will change her mind? About what, En? Is there something you haven't said to me, yet?"

Uh oh.

"YOU DIMWIT! YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT BITCH! WHY DID YOU SAY THAT TO HIM!?"

My subconscious mind brought me to senses. I pushed him and stared at him.

"N-nothing,"there goes my lying.

"You're doomed tomorrow you bitch. Tragic love life. I laugh in that you drunk woman!"

"Don't you lie to me. Did Mom has something to do with you letting me go years ago?"he asked. That thing slipped right in my mouth, okay? I didn't meant it. I said to my subconscious.

"I said nothing, Roi,"I tried to stand up but he pulled me to sit down again.

"What did Mom say to you. Tell me,"he said gently. I pouted, the last chance of my shit. "Can we talk tomorrow? I'm drunk, Roi,"I said.

"Yeah. Drunk. Because if you're not drunk, you wouldn't be talking with me right now so I will take this chance,"

He's so annoying.

"Tomorrow,"

"No. You will talk to me right now. So what did Mom tell you?"he asked.

I sighed, giving up.

"NO! DON'T TELL HIM! HE'S A JERK AND HE DOESN'T—"

I don't care for now, okay? I want to sleep.

"Then you shouldn't be drunk anymore,"

I'm really drunk. I'm now talking with my subconscious thought which is creepy. Urgh. I don't mind her, anyway.

"She said she doesn't want me for you. Because I bring you danger,"I whispered. I can hear his heavy breathing. "I'm dangerous,"I said.

He nodded. Doesn't he get it?

"Did you understand what it means, Roi?"I asked and hiccuped. Fuck. I want to sleep already.

"Yes,"he chuckled.

I'm a bit irritated at his reaction. "Is there so.ething funny? While I was hurt that time, you can only chuckle your ass out?"I irritatedly asked.

My body can't take the sleepiness anymore and I leaned in his chest. But I can't sleep for now.

I still want to talk to him.

"Honey, you could've just told me that she's harsh to you,"he said. "Do I look like a sweet honey to you?"I groaned.

He chuckled again. "You could've told me. But what hurts me the most is that you're trying to let me go,"he said and sorrow was evident in it.

"Sorry,"I gulped hard.

"You should've just told me. I could've stopped her and rant on her. She's not being fair. You're the one that I got serious with yet she doesn't want you for me?"he asked himself.

I hugged him and felt his warmth. I heard my subconscious shout again. For being a seducing bitch.

I let out my tongue at her.

"But... A-about Riza,"I suddenly said. My subconscious finally closed the door and don't want to guide me now, that I entered in this topic.

"What?"he asked.

"You should take care of her. She's lonely,"I said. "And so are you,"he said simply. I shook my head.

"She just wants your attention. I know the feeling of the fact that I have not get it from my parents so I want you to,"I said.

"You... Know I can't,"

"I promise that I will still love you even though you had a family,"

His breathing hitched. "Really?"he asked unbelievably. I nodded. "Just don't give up on me, either,"and that, darkness ate me.