Chapter 37

Escape

I feel devastated. Right now, I realized that the world is so vast and full with chaotic emotions. Pain, happiness, sorrow, rage and many more of it. I wasn't the only one who felt chaotic.

At the end of the day, I still remained to accept it and be positive. That's the only thing I could do for now.

"The target is nearby,"

So, Bernard is here. I wonder if he really loved his family. I turned around and found the man who shot Venus' Mother. "I hired a man to drive. They will be fine. I sent them to my town,"

I looked away. I felt guilty. But I still want to remove Bernard in my whole life and everyone close to me.

Luna and Venus. I would also do anything to repay for it. "Damn you!!"my eyes slightly widen when I heard a scream. He's exactly here already.

"Where are my daughters!?"he suddenly appeared at the dark corners of the tunnel while pointing a gun at me. The man beside me prepared his gun.

I sadly smiled. "Why were they even born at this world, Bernard? To inherit your filthy clan?"I asked to hit his nerve. He came here damn fast that I wasn't able to prepare.

"Shut up!"

"YOU shut up! You care for your daughters? Of course, even an evil like you had soft side for that but don't you even realize what you're doing!? I am the result of it!"

I clenched my hands and breathed. "This is all your fault. Why didn't you just yield to justice? People like you are the worst,"I pointed my gun at him but he was faster. I managed to dodge it by bowing then shot his right knee while the agent shot his left one.

"It's time to yield,"I whispered.

I looked at his face but he wasn't looking at me. He was looking at the room with his dead wife inside. My heart felt like squeezed inside and out.

Why was the world like this again? Evil and good. What does it really mean?

"You're coming to hell with me!"he screamed again then I let him shoot my stomach. I gasped. Yes. I let him shoot me. But I'm not going with him. This is to pay my sins for Venus.

I also shot his stomach before I fell to the ground. It hurts. Unlike the last time, I had protection but now the pain is creeping my body.

"Bastard,"the agent kicked away Bernard's gun and reported what just happened. I managed to turn on my earpiece and it damned hurt right there.

"WHAT!? I'm fucking going down there,"I recognized Rubious' voice. "Damn it! We're far from the tunnel,"I also heard Leon. "I'll go there right now. I can help her,"said Rubious again.

I can't speak then I grunted then gasped. My eyes are loosing light already. I smiled when I knew I would visit the hospital again. "En? En! Fucking wait for me!"

I smirked. "Y-you... Really curse when you're angry,"I said while clenching my stomach to slow down the bleeding but it hurts so much then I gasped.

"The fuck I care,"

I smiled. "I'm not going to die, idiot so stay still there. Just call an ambulance,"I suggested. "I'm the medic!"his voice wavered. This guy really.

"I said I won't die. Not now. I won't leave you behind, okay?"

I smiled when he went silent. Those years that I thought he was dead, I ate it slowly. Maybe he wasn't for me after all. He just died. But... I can't really be happy without him. I tried with my work, Praia and other of my friends... But I just can't.