Chapter 33

Take him away

He looked at me in the eye but it was like he's in a trance, trying to focus on me. "I got you. I won't give up on you,"what caught me off guard was him kissing my lips while he is bloody and me, passing out.

I blinked. Trying to remain conscious but everything shocked me too much. I heard a chopper then Rubious looked up. "Hm. At least, they're here. I'm not going to loose you over that scum,"he held to my cheeks.

All I remembered was his lips touching mine then I passed out.

********

I hate hospitals. As soon as I woke up, that's the first thought that came to me. I got a broken back, my arms and shoulders are sore and where the bullet hit has left a hole bruise.

Great. I should spend time more with hospitals and doctors. I tried to stand up. I rolled my eyes instead of gritting my teeth because of the pain and soreness.

The door opened. I expected it to be a visitor but it was the least doctor I want to see. Rehena smiled. "Hello,"she sighed. "Again,"she added. I rolled my eyes. "I really hate agents. But at least, you're still alive,"she said. "And that jerk,"she muttered.

I figured that she's talking about Leon. Is he here? Is he injured? "He's outside. Along with my cousin and a patient, I guess, Gian?"she asked then I nodded.

"So, how's my injury?"I asked sarcastically. I know I won't take any more risky missions anymore or any hostaging. "Not bad,"she said sarcastically.

Sometimes, I imagine her being my sister. She's kind of annoying but fun to be with. Even you have to stay in this freaking hospital. "Yeah. Not bad,"I grumbled. She laughed. "Rubious got it right. He also have back injury. And also got burns, when he ran and still got affected by the explosion,"she sat beside me.

I frowned and looked at my hands. It might be worse than injury. Burns. He can't move that much. Oh my god. What did I do to him?

I protected him before. Maybe I could do it again... And by leaving him, huh? I blinked back the tears. I caused too much on him. I can't bear it anymore. "He's fine,"she assured me.

I gulped. "It's messy. I've messed up again with Raven. She'll be angry again that I got him hurt and... Riza,"I almost whispered the last word.

She nodded. "My auntie is a bit strict on it. Well, I get it. She almost had herself out with Uncle. I think they're the most  interesting couples of our family but they've been broken, also,"she said.

"And Rubious' daughter... I only found out about my niece— ugh, yuck— just days ago. I think he's a jerk but he protected you. I hope you won't leave him again,"she said.

Do I even have a choice? Rubious got a hard head. "I will talk to him. How long did I past out?"I asked. She looked at her watch. "Approximately, 32 hours and 23 minutes,"she said as looking at her watch.

She looked at me. "By the way, you're parents dropped by hours ago. Should I tell them, you're awake? I'll let you have alone time. I'll be back here to check on you,"she smiled.

"No. Don't tell them. But... If Rubious could come, let him. I want to talk to him. And tell Gian and Leon, I'm fine,"I said.

Her jaw clenched. Before she could speak, I raised my hand to stop her.

"You know, he's patient with you. I don't know if he just want to apologize— or he still have feelings for you— for whatever happened for you two but give Leon a chance to just talk with you,"I assured.

"He's an idiot,"she simply said and her face as red as tomato. I chuckled as she left the room. I know Rubious will get his ass here.

I wonder what happens after all of this. Will... I have a normal life? Like, marrying Rubious, if so. Then have kids then watch them grow? Thinking that Rubious might be the one for me makes me want to curl up in bed.