Chapter 11

Promise

I breathed heavily. "I'm Entice Madelline Scholia,"I said coldly. He furrowed his eyebrows. He sighed violently.

"Really? The day when you bumped into me, you look like a damsel in distress girl but now you are our maid?"he raised an eyebrow. I gulped hard.

"Th-they we're my friends,"I said.

"Then why is thay Fineas guy wore a suit like a bodyguard?"

My breathing raged because of fear. Why am I afraid? That he will know that I'm a Luana? I'm a Luana and I should not be afraid.

"Fine. I—"

"Please obtain permission from your grandfather. I believe he's the owner of the mansion and she's a maid so her identity is with your grandfather,"I heard someone spoke coldly behind me.

I breathed heavily. Thank god! Fineas saved me. Rubious stared at him coldly.

"Yeah. I should,"he said before meeting his eyes to mine and he left us. My shoulders fell. I was ready to tell him everything.

But I will tell him when I come home later.

Home?

That wasn't even my home.

"That was close. Don't get too close to him. He's dangerous,"Fineas muttered in his breath.

"Was he?"I asked innocently. Fineas turned to me with his furrowed eyebrows. "Don't tell me you like that man? I'm older than him and I know people like him, Entice,"he shook his head.

Yeah. For him, I might be a kid. I'm seventeen and he's twenty two. "I-I know but I haven't seen much of a danger,"I breathed.

He sighed. "But don't get too attached. We don't know when enemies attack,"he said and left me in the hallway.

That pained me in the heart. Was society this cruel? Everyone turned into enemies.

*********

I went home, feeling down. I thought my life would be perfect because my parents are rich, successful, brave, smart and they even assured me safety.

But despite all of it... My freedom to open my mind and heart was gone. They always taught me to not trust anyone.

ANYONE!

Even them. Because if I trust them not to leave me, they can't promise that they won't. But they won't be gone early, that's what they assure me.

I opened the door of the mansion. I even called this place as home. Was this because I was done of my parent's ruckus?

No. This home... Is like a glass. A reflective glass. They won't know what's inside but one day, someone will see and break through the glass.

"Entice?"I heard someone calling my name and I turned to the living room.

I saw Zanelo walking towards me. He smiled. "I believe you owe my grandson an explanation. He's damn annoying but the decision is up to you, dear,"he pointed the library room.

I gulped hard.

"Uhm... I-I'll tell him myself,"I nodded. He nodded also. "Okay, I'll watch everyone who's coming there so they won't eavesdrop and I ordered Fineas to watch the surroundings outside,"he said.

"Thank you,"I said and walked towards the library. I sighed before opening it.

I swallowed hard when I saw Rubious reading a damn book. He looked at me, surprised. "Y-you're here,"he breathed. He must've expected Zanelo.

"Uhm... Y-yeah... I-I—Y-you asked for my identity,"I gulped hard. His breathing hitched. I looked around.

There's no CCTV. I sighed. "I'm... Entice Madelline... L-Luana,"I bit my lip after. I stared at his reaction. "Luana?"he asked.

"I-I'm the daughter of Dethy and Emelio Luana, the lawyers,"

He widen his eyes. I looked away. It was hard for me. It was hard to trust someone enough. "Th-Then why are you here?"he asked. I sighed.

"The patient... Your patient was my bodyguard and a friend,"I calmly sat down but my heart was aching.

I finally found someone whom I can talk to without Fineas knowing. No one will judge for me wether I tell them or not.

"Then... Why are you here?"

"I'm... A weak girl. I don't want anyone close to me s-sacrifice for me again. It hurts me so... I decided to stray myself,"I stared at him and he had this pity look on his eyes.

"Does your parents knew that you're... Here?"he breathed. I wiped my tears. I didn't even know that I'm crying. It feels so amazing to finally open up to someone.

"No. In case that the criminals will force or torture th-them... I-I might've hated them for prisoning me from freedom but still, they're my family,"I breathed heavily.

His lips parted. I don't know what he's thinking. But everytime that I think that I opened up is an achievement.

At least, no one told me to choose whom I trust. He stood up and went beside me.

"I know lawyers. Doesn't trust anyone until evidences comes. But... I hope you don't doubt me. I-I didn't mean to ask your identity. I was just curious,"

I shook my head and wiped my tears. "It's okay. I trust you. Only Zanelo, Praia and Fineas are the people I chose to trust,"I clenched my hands when I remembered what happened to Feyro.

He cleared his throat. "Your bodyguard? Do you like him?"I almost raised my middle finger at his conclusion.

"No! Jesus! It doesn't mean that I trust him means I like him. Such an idiot. I don't like old guys,"I swore.

He raised an eyebrow. He sighed. "Your identity is safe with me. They'll die first before they knew it,"he nodded.

I felt relieved. "I hope trusting you was right. Don't turn your back on me, Rubious. Or else I'll stab it first,"I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled. "I never turn my back to someone, En,"he shook his head. "What do you call to your exes, then?"I raised an eyebrow.

His lips protruded. "Passing time?"he asked himself and I automatically rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious here. Rubious, I trust you. You asked for it and... I'm giving my identity to you willingly and I don't want someone to sacrifice again,"I shook my head.

He smiled and held my both shoulders making me confront him. "I promise you,"he said.

Promise?

"Then if the criminal knew that I'm a Luana... Don't sacrifice for me or even Fineas. I can take care of myself, okay?"I asked again and he nodded.

"I promise it,"