Chapter 21

Black

Then who is it?

"Why wouldn't Zanelo let you investigate?"I asked. He raised his both shoulders. "But... I heard a rumor that it was Rinea's bodyguard,"he clenched his fist.

"Bodyguard? Then what is his motive?"

"Her, of course,"

A bodyguard? But why?. "He tried to rape her but Rinea got away. That loved sick,"he looked so angry. Of course, it's his sister.

"So you we're just dragged in it?"I asked. "If that rumor is true. Grandpa doesn't want me to investigate,"he said.

"And why is that?"that would be able to help. He sighed. "He doesn't want Rinea to recover her memories. I got his point. She almost got raped and killed, it'll be horrible. And the doctor advised us, if we want her to recover her memories, we shouldn't rush it or her memories will be COMPLETELY gone,"he said sadly.

I looked away. I waited for him. I hated him. But suddenly, I pitied him.

I suddenly remembered our stupid fight before. Oh gosh, it's not the time to think about it.

"How did you survive?"I tried to change the topic. His lips thinned. "I only just heard. A fisherman found me on the shore and timing was, Darius was finding us,"

My God. This is getting to my nerves. I want to tell him that to stop involving himself into it. I can't lose him again. And I really don't want to.

But Rinea is also his responsibility. Just like... What he did for me. He involved himself with me. And then, I thought I lost him. It was a bunch of crap, really.

"I wish I could read your mind,"

My thoughts stopped when he said that. "And why is that?"I asked coldly. His lips thinned. "Because I just said everything to you. Praia told me you we're devastated and some of my family blamed you,"he said.

Praia? They've met already? To think that Praia didn't tell me, maybe Rubious did plan to meet with me at the Swiss C'anard.

I looked away again. I want to get out of here again. Maybe this really isn't the time to tell him sweet things. I'm really not like that, too.

"It was fine. I lived my own life with shits already,"I remembered when Feyro got shot. It was the time that I really hated my life.

"Sorry to make that shitier,"

I took a silent deep breath. "You didn't,"fuck. Why is he too emotional today? Can't it be tomorrow?

I jumped out of surprised when someone called in my phone. Shit. I took it from my purse and saw Leon's name on it. My lips parted and stared at Rubious.

"Yeah?"I answered the phone.

"Mission. Quit that lovey dovey of yours. Europe, the Wrax Organization is on the move to smuggle many drugs there. The CIA needs help, though,"

I sighed. "Okay. Where should I meet you?"I asked. "At the city. Black van F2G E674,"I hummed as a nod to him.

I ended the call and stood up. "I have a mission, Rubious. But I'll come back here as soon as I can—"

"Europe, huh? That's a long way here,"

My eyebrows furrowed. He smirked. "Sometimes you really are reckless and I'm worried that it might be the death of yours,"he said.

"What?"I said unbelievably. "Your phone is in loud speaker for a bit of information, I guess?"he said. Oh gosh.

"If I die, then I'm ready to take death's hand,"I swayed my long polo and walked out. "Take care, anyway,"he said.

*******
"Take care, anyway,"

His fucking friggin voice is fucking friggin echoing in my mind. I shouldn't be distracted but I can't help it. A man came out of a hallway. I immediately shoot him.

I need to guard this entrance.

"Has the drugs have found yet?"I heard Leon from the earpiece. "Not yet. Their base is fucking big,"I hesrd Gian.

It is weird. "Don't you notice that there's a little enemy here?"I asked. "Yeah,"they both answered. "What if it's a trap?"I asked.

"It won't be,"

I sighed at Leon's answer. Then so be it. I typed at my watch to search something about this area because I got this fishy smell in here.

My eyebrows furrowed. Multiple bombs has exploded. Particularly, near this area but not the same time. What is the Wrax want this time?

I only heard this. Heard.

That there's magical people in the world. I don't know if it's true but if I had powers, I would also hide my powers in the outside world. And because of the magical people, Wrax wanted that. Experiment them.

I looked at the place again. And then I looked at my watch. The pattern. It's a star. And the last dot is here!

"Shit! Get out of there now!"I said at the earpiece. "What?"Gian asked. "I said get th—"

The place exploded and my back hit the gates. Fuck. It hurts! Oh no. Gian and Leon. I was about to stand up but something was floating.

Fire?

A big ball of fire.

"Wh-what the fuck?"

My eyes widen when I saw someone was controlling it. She sucked up the fire explosion!

"Fire mind lock,"she looked at me and something is choking me. I can hear a woman's voice, whispering.

"G-gian! Leon,"I said with the last of my consciousness. "What did she do to us? This is fucking irritating my n—"

"Memories alternate, memories change. This memories shall not bring to you a gain,"she's like a wizard or witch enchanting us. And this kind of chains in our neck....

What is this feeling?

What did she do?

Everything went black.