Chapter 19

His words

I stared at the sea. Which he did sails away, and keeping his healing process. I cupped my face anxiously. This is totally crazy. I do not know what to feel anymore. It was like my happiness passed like a wind and I saw the reality.

"You really let him go, don't you?"

I turned and saw Fineas, smiling bitterly. It's been a day. I received a text from him hours ago but instead of replying, I spaced out and... cried.

"How did you know?"I asked. He might be talking about Rubious' safety. "I'm your butler,"he said simply.

I nodded and pouted. I sighed. "He's not safe with me. It's the least I should do,"I said truthfully. He sighed. He came near to me, at the veranda of the hospital.

"You love him now, don't you?"

The night when we kissed flashed unto me. I bit my lip. Should I say yes? But I want to say no, too. Because this feeling really hurts.

"It hurts,"it came out of my mouth. That words felt like a lifeless wind. He will be in a fixed marriage soon. And I don't know if that time comes, we will still be able to communicate.

"Right. But why are you giving him away?"he asked. I don't know. I just really don't know. I can feel death... I can feel it surrounding me and the people who are protecting me.

"I am a dangerous woman, Fin,"my voice croaked. He smiled and tapped my shoulder. "You can do it. You're dangerous but brave,"he smiled.

His words relaxed me. "Thanks. I wish I can have you as my friend forever,"I told him. He chuckled softly. "Sure. But first, find me a girl,"he laughed.

Speaking of it, I thought he likes me? I have a gut feeling of it.

Oh well, maybe I'm wrong. I grinned when I thought of someone. "Ionah Mariz,"I didn't tell him the surname.

"Who's... that? It's a bit familiar,"his eyebrows furrowed. I chuckled and raised my both shoulders.

"Oh. Your friend that is related to Arcadejas. That cheeky girl,"

********
After taking lunch, I received another text from him again.

Rubious:

What are you doing right now?
I miss you

I gulped hard and took a deep breath. I miss you, too. I typed for a reply.

Me:

Just finished lunch.

I didn't even tell him that I missed him more. It's just so hard. I'm used to let out my feelings directly.

Rubious:

Can I call? I missed your voice. We still hadn't landed in the docks. I still have to wait half a day.

Should I let him call?

Before I could type a 'no' the phone already rang. I unconsciously tapped the accept.

Next thing I knew, is that I accepted his call. SHIT! FUCK YOU, ENTICE. USE YOUR BRAINS ONCE IN A LIFETIME! JESUS!

"En?"

Oh crap. "Uhm... yeah?"I said as I rubbed my forehead and put the phone in my ear. "I missed you,"fuck.  I sighed then bitterly smiled.

"Then y-you should heal fast to see me again,"I stuttered. I heard him sigh. "At least, you're not hurt,"

I suddenly remembered Raven. The words she said hurts like daggers. "Roi... I have a favor to ask,"I whispered and left the cafeteria.

"What? Anything for you, En,"his voice is comforting. "Anything?"I emphasized it to make sure. "Yeah,"I can feel his smile through it. My heart raced fast as I remembered his face.

"Don't protect me, please,"

The line went silent for a few seconds. "Where are you?"he asked. My lips parted. "Of course, at the hospital,"I stopped my tearing eyes.

"Stay. there.,"he said with authority.

"What!?"I unbelievably said. What's with staying here? Why does he want me to stay here?

"Stay there. I know Mom has something to do—"

FUCK.

"No no. What are you thinking?"

"I just got a gut that Mom told you something,"he's fucking smart. But I won't lose to this. I got to persuade him that his Mom has got nothing to do with this. I am a daughter of two estate lawyers.

"No. What the hell? I didn't even met your Mom,"I sounded crazy for lying. Duhh! 

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Fuck.

Fuck it, too. I should keep calm. "Did Mom say something to you?"he asked. I rolled my eyes. "I told you, I haven't met your Mom, yet,"

The line went silent.

"Don't leave me,"

My stomach lurched.

"Wh-why?"I asked. Did... Raven's plan on the move? To arrange him on a marriage?

"Just don't leave me. I'm getting crazy, En. You know that... I'm in love with you,"it hurts. It fucking hurts in the depth of my heart.

"I may haven't courted you, yet. But I will surely do when I return,"

A tear fell on my eye. I love him, too. I know everyone doesn't care about safety but they don't know how it feels like to be in risk because of someone you love.

"Okay,"I tried to smile.

"You know... I haven't tried to court someone,"he chuckled. I scoffed. "I'm sure you said that to the other girls,"I said.

"I wish I really could but I'm saving this for someone I really love,".

Fuck. Please, stop.

I heard some loud noises on the phone. "What's that?"I asked.

"Probably the crew, don't worry,"he assured me. I gulped hard. I hope nothing bad happens to him. The noise is still going on.

"I'll check it. Bye, Entice,"

"Bye,"

*********

"Arcadejas yacht found in the sea. They we're ambushed by someone. The only survivor was Rinea Arcadejas but with lost memories,"

That fucking news fucked me up. I stared at Rubious' grave. It's been a week. Raven was devastated. She didn't even let the police get his body to check because she was mad.

She... Tried to blame me. But she stopped herself because she just can't blame me for a life but it was really my fault that my enemy has grudge on him. Raven closed the case so... They will rest.

I cried every night. It was all of my fault that he died and everything was a horror. The man that had a grudge on him may did that thing. Raven tried to understand me. I realized that she really did care for Rubious. That's why she wants me to get out of her son's life. His words echoed in me.

"I may haven't courted you, yet. But I will surely do when I return,"