Chapter 29

Don't

I went silent as I remembered that. If Rubious is not in front of me, I could've slapped myself hard right now. This is definitely embarrassing.

Why did he say that?

Is he really going not to give up? But I know him. He will do anything. What Rubious wants, he gets it. I sighed. Maybe going with him to Riza isn't that really good idea.

"I hope you're not thinking of leaving,"he suddenly spoke. I looked around to see if no one hears that.

"No, I don't. How could I definitely escape from you? I know you'll go to the depths of hell to find me,"I rolled my eyes to ignore the fact that I'm blushing right now.

He turned to me and smiled. "You got that right. I would never let you go,"he turned his back on me again and continued to walk.

I should've never encouraged him last night. I'm never drinking again.

He opened a door and he went inside. I followed him. The room was so chilly. There's a lot of machine and medicines beside Yza.

What kind of disease of Cystic Fibrosis anyway?

I shrieked when someone hugged me. I realized that it was Riza and laughed. "You scared me,"I chuckled. She grinned. "Sorry. I was just glad you visited us sooner,"she said.

I nodded. "Of course. I would never break a promise,"I pinched her both cheeks. "Has your Mom eaten already, Riza?"I heard Rubious asked. I realized that Yza is sleeping.

"Yes. A doctor also gave her a something like a liquid,"Riza pressed her lips together. I think she's nervous around her Father.

My eyes met Rubious'. I only smiled at him. "If something goes wrong with your Mother don't hesitate to—"Riza cut him off. "But you won't come here,"she said sadly.

I gulped hard. Rubious sighed. "I will. Starting now,"he smiled. My heart broke. I prayed when I was a kid to have a real attention from my parents. Business is the first thing in their mind.

There was a day when I got a wound but they only ordered men and a nurse to take care of me. They didn't even comfort me.

"Really?"Riza's face lit up. I rubbed her back. "Of course, he will be,"I assured. She nodded and went to Rubious to hug him. "Thanks, Dad,"she said.

I looked away. I'm not broken just because Rubious had a daughter but because I linged for that attention, too. I sighed.

I heard a cough and I turned to Yza. She's coughing really hard and she immediately took a cup. She spit the phlegm. I widen my eyes. That's a lot of phlegm. It's just like water she just spit.

She looked at us with difficulty in her face. "Are you okay?"Rubious asked. She nodded while catching her breath. She cleared his throat and spit a little bit of phlegm again.

"We should find new lungs for you sooner,"

"Is M-Mom going to d-die?"Riza asked. I widen my eyes. Yza laughed. "No. She's not,"Rubious said in a harsh tone. I sighed.

"Why are you here?"Yza asked while exchanging look at us and Rubious. "I just want to see your condition. I'm the only one that could take care of Riza for now, too,"he said.

Yza looked at me uncomfortably. I stood properly. "Don't mind me,"I said. Yza nodded.

"Thanks for taking care of her. But Entice—"

"There's a child,"I warned coldly. Riza looked at me in confusion. I don't want to talk about Rubious and me while she's here.

Yza nodded. "How foolish of me,"she murmured. I sighed. I don't want to bother their problem. Especially that it's their health problem. "Is their something wrong, Mom?"Riza asked.

"Nothing, my child,"she sighed. Because of that, she coughed again. "Your condition is getting worse. Let's go, Entice. The air in here is getting tight,"Rubious suggested.

"D-Dad, don't leave,"Riza begged. I gulped hard as I watch her grip the hem of Rubious' shirt.

"I should go alone now. You shouldn't leave your daughter,"I declared. "But En—"I gave him a warning glare and he shut his mouth and sighed, giving up. He nodded.

I left them there. They are a family. I'm out of this. I have no place in the world. I walked at the hallway to return to my ward.

"Entice Luana,"

"Don't bother me!"I groaned. I turned around but it wasn't Rubious, the person I expected but it was Raven. She smirked.

"Really?"she said.

Did she know that Rubious is alive? Maybe. I sighed. What does she want again? This creep. "What do you want?"I asked coldly.

"I believe I told you to stay away from Rubious,"

My eyes narrowed. So she knew now. "I did,"I said simply. I can't waste a freaking saliva just because of her nonsense talk.

She tilted her head. "I don't care if he had a daughter. She's still not a claimed Arcadejas, anyway. She won't get anything. I'm still planning to betroth him to a woman,"she said.

I clenched my jaw. "So what?"I smirked. I don't mind my burning ears and nose because of that.

Her eyes narrowed. "He may be alive again but I can't risk him. Just like Rinea. I can't let her marry off an agent,"she spatted it like a garbage from her mouth.

Even Rinea? The girl who had her memories gone.

Then I realized, the agent she's talking about is Gian. "How dare you. Stopping their love. Rubious and me is fine but Rinea and Gian?"I spatted.

She clenched her jaw. "How dare YOU. I did that to protect them. I don't want them to be hurt just because they're loving people like you,"she said. What's wrong with this woman!?

"You're going too far. Stop this shit. They're miserable already,"I coldly said. She's not going to leave this place until she let Gian and Rinea go.

"You people are dang—"

"Then why did you marry me in the first place?"I turned behind me and saw Rhenzo. His eyes is full of sadness.

I looked at Raven. She's shocked as a tarsier. "I only did, Rhenzo. I loved you despite being in danger,"she said. "Then let them go, Raven,"he said coldy.

"We almost lost Rubious and Rinea, Rhenzo. What is wrong with you? Have you lost your mind!?"her eyes were tearing up. I sighed. I gulped hard.

I have no place in this. But she's just protecting them because she almost lost them.

"Then I almost lost you before! Don't you think the children thought that, too? Rubious also almost lost Entice and Rinea... She almost lost her life but her memories are gone and her man didn't bother her anymore,"Rhenzo looked angry.

I saw how Raven wiped her cheeks. She walked out. I was going to go after her to talk about it but Rhenzo stopped me.

"She will be fine. But I think she won't be letting this go easily,"he said. I nodded. "You're an agent, too?"I asked. His jaw clenched. He sighed. "Yes. Long ago, I was the heir of an illegal clan before. I joined an agency to spy and things turned itself,"he said in a low voice.

But then he continued.

"I almost lost Raven before, too. Because I betrayed my clan and they found out I fell in love with her,"

I nodded, getting his point. "Then you should go to her,"I said. He smiled and me and tapped my shoulder. "Don't let go of my son. I know he will do the same, too,"he said before leaving me.

My shoulders fell and bit my lip. I hope so. I don't want him to give up on me.