Chapter 13

Pity

Do you know what's wrong in people? It's they are so good in promising but so bad in accomplishing it.

I opened the door towards the garden. I was KINDA expecting this. Why do I need to be surprised?

I mean, he's a playboy and he probably doesn't know how to keep promises. Then the foolish here is? Me.

"Sheena, go home,"

I tilted my head. Only to see Sheena grabbed Rubious' shirt and kissed him.

My chest tightened at the view. I should not interfere their privacy. Well, what can I do? Rubious has a GIRLFRIEND.

I smiled bitterly at myself. Told you to never trust someone into promises. What good will I get anyway?

It was nothing.

I closed the door behind me.

Should I even laugh at my foolishness? I get the point. I'm just a lowly and weak daughter of strong lawyers. And he's an Arcadejas.

"En?"

I looked in front of me and saw Fineas with his angry furrowed eyebrows. "You told him, didn't you?"he asked.

I blinked. And then, I blinked again. "How did you know?"I asked. I know who's he referring to. And he's angry. He hates Rubious.

"En,"

"Uh... Yeah?"

He breathed heavily. "He tightened the security here. I was surprised. So... I think you have got something to do this,"he said. I nodded.

"I didn't even know, too. Since I haven't got out from this mansion,"I lowered my head. I only get out of this mansion because I had classes but hanging out with myself... I haven't done it for ages.

"Do you trust him?"

I raised my head, surprised at his question. "Wh-what?"I asked. He clenched his jaw. "I know you trust him more than I do... I... I wish I was able to get your trust to but he got it,"

What the hell is he saying?

"You actually got it, Fineas. I trust you to be beside me until here and then. I trust you that you won't turn your back on me,"

He closed his eyes and opened it as if wanting to say something and he's letting it go.

"I know. But your trust on him is different. And he even got you safe while I'm a powerless man,"

My lips parted. "No. That's not true, Fineas. You're my trusted one and being beside me is enough. I don't need powers to keep me safe. I know you know that I hate it,"I shook my head.

He sighed and swallowed hard.

"Done lovey talking?"

"Jesus!"

My heart beated frantically so fast because of surprise. Rubious was listening! How long has he have been listening!?

"None of your business, Arcadejas,"Fineas said coldly. Uh oh. The last that I remembered that they fought is when Rubious made me cry.

"Well, I'm not asking you. I'm asking Entice,"Rubious said proudly. I sighed. I can't leave this two. If they will fight, I will stop them and kick their... Banana.

"I told you that it's not your business,"

"Did she say that?"I can feel Rubious' eyes on me. Oh right! I almost forgot!

"It's not your business,"I said coldly but still, smiling. He clenched his jaw. Danger. That's the word that I know.

"Oh, is it?"

Fineas looked at me. "En,"he called. I raised my left hand to stop him as if his duty inside this mansion is back to being bodyguard again.

"Leave us alone, Fineas. I'm ordering this to you as a Luana,"I said in a low voice. His lips parted for a sigh and nodded then formally left us.

This is my real Luana side.

"Rubious, I believe you had other... Business,"I said as I tilted my head to the door towards the garden. His eyebrows furrowed.

I smirked and his eyes widen. "You... Saw that?"

"Obviously,"I breathed and smiled wickedly. Promise. Filthy word. He looked away and sighed. He turned to me again.

"Look, I didn't know that she'll visit me,"

"Cool. Thanks for sharing,"I rolled my eyes and turned around. He grabbed my arm. "What's wrong with you?"he asked.

Hah!

"Nothing wrong. JUST right,"I said sarcastically. He sighed and tilted his head. "My promise? Still keeping it. If thats what you want,"

If THAT is what I want!? So, he's keeping it for my sake. Fuck off! I hate this mansion with him around.

"I don't believe in promises, Roi. You know that,"I shook my head. His jaw clenched. "Obviously but I will prove you wrong,"

"Trust is like chocolate. Once you break or melt it, there's no way that it'll be formed in it's way back again,"

His lips parted. Gotcha. But then, he smiled. "But I believe it will be formed. Not the way it was before but at least it's formed again,"he said.

"In what way? In stupidity?"

"By FORMING it,"he lowered his head. "I still don't believe you,"I said boldly.

"Then what do you want?"

"Why do you always want what I want!?"my voice raised. His eyes is full of surprise. "Because I pity you! You're living in a hell and trapped in it!"his voice raised, too.

My chest tightened. "You... Pity me? I don't need your pity! I don't care if you spread my identity unlike what you promised BUT. I. DON'T. NEED. YOUR. PITY!"I yelled at his face when tears are streaming at my face.

"En,"his eyes is wide.

"Pity Sheena instead, idiot and don't EVER show your face to me. You can avoid me. The mansion is very big, anyway! And if you don't, I can even live at the main mansion,"I said before turning my back and wiped my tears.