Anti- Voices

The weather outside was cloudy which wasn't uncommon. It was a relaxing day. Dreary and yet comfortable. Anti was in his room cleaning some of his favorite knives. Yes, even though he had a bad history with them, he still like the designs on them and could wield them expertly. He carried at least one with him on his person no matter what. He was fiddling with his favorite currently that was a regular Chef's knife with a neon green handle. 

Jameson had gifted it to him Halloween night seeing as he was so good with chopping and slicing food. But then this got him wondering on what to do with it. He really couldn't cook. He had spent most of his life on takeout or leftovers so he never had the option to cook. That and with Marvin having constantly spoiled his food before.

'I want to use it' Anti suddenly had a vision in his head of Sean's throat slit and he froze, flinching away.

Taking a gulp of air, Anti shuddered, 'No.' he thought, 'Properly. It's a Chef's knife, after all'

He thought he heard a small whisper in the back of his mind, '̸F̵l̵a̵y̷ ̷t̸h̷e̶m̶ ̷a̴l̶l̵'̶ ̴. . . but he pushed it out and finished polishing and sharpening it.

Anti walked out of his room, knife in hand humming to himself as he thought, 'Maybe I could learn to cook with it' he spun it in his hand like a fidget spinner and started down the stairs to make his way to the kitchen, 'But how? Where do I start? Do I just look up videos online or something?'

As he walked into the kitchen, he didn't see Jackie and bumped into him with a yelp, the knife falling from his grasp and cutting his finger, "Ouch!"

Jackie gaped at him, "Were. . . were you spinning that fucking thing? Oh look what you did, now! You're getting blood on the floor" 

Even though the two had gotten along since the family's discover of his problem, Anti was still uncomfortable being around him. Jackie still had this look in his eyes that made Anti sad as if he still didn't trust him.

"S-sorry!" Anti tried picking up his knife and running but Jackie gripped his wrist instead and led him to the sink to run water under the cut.

"Idiot" Jackie scoffed, "What were you thinking? You could have cut off a finger, you moron"

Anti was silent, however, as Jackie stopped the water and opened up a first aid kit that was in a cupboard, courtesy of Henrik.

Anti was glitching slightly  as Jackie put a band-aid on his fingers after disinfecting the 'wound' and getting the small cut to stop bleeding, "You're good at that" he commented.

Jackie snorted, "Of course. I'd have to be. I come home with wounds like this and more all the time. The price of being a hero" he winked and Anti smiled softly with a giggle, the ice being broken a bit.

Jackie pat his hand, "There. Now why were you flinging that knife around?"

Anti refused to look him in the eye and glitched nervously, "I. .. . I don't know. I was thinking. I wanted  . . .to do something with the knife. It's the Chef's knife Jameson gave me."

Jackie hummed, "So you what? Wanted to slice and dice some shit?"

He pouted, "Well. . . I don't know. I've never really cooked before besides helping Marvin with cutting ingredients for his potions. Was thinking about looking up something online?"

Jackie shook his head, "That's just asking for a burned down house if you've never cooked before. No way."

"Then how would I learn? Should I ask Chase or Henrik?"

The hero bust out in laughter, "What?! Hell no! Chase only knows take-out and Schneep can only work the coffee pot. Jameson can't teach you either. Never letting him near modern kitchen appliances again after the microwave incident."