Little Games

Anti followed Dark to his room/office and once they got in, they realized there would be a problem right away.

"Uh, you didn't count for the bed situation, did ya?"

Dark hummed, "Well Marvin could conjure extra beds, right? Can he do that?"

"I guess you're right." Anti shrugged and put his bags in the corner. He didn't want to address it but he felt as if he had to, "Hey Dark?"

"Yeah?" he didn't face Anti and placed his cane by his dresser.

"How come you didn't contact me after the . . .stuff that happened a month ago?"

Dark paused and turned to look at him before sitting on his bed. He took a breath and seemed confused himself, "You know what? I don't know. I guess I was . . . worried you wouldn't forgive me and you'd give me a taste of my own medicine or something"

Anti chuckled, "We're both idiots"

He cracked a smile, "Yeah. I mean I get why you didn't call me. I'm the asshole here."

"Yer not an asshole, Dark. You're just emotionally ridiculous."

"Well that's a new one."

There was an awkward silence before Dark broke it, "So. . . when you were in the void in Europe. Did you really see me?"

Anti remembered when he had looked through Marvin's hand-mirror, "Yeah. I did. Through that little hand-mirror Marvin has. I think Host also has one, right? That's how they communicate?"

Dark nodded, "I was looking through Host's. He made me watch you. That's how I realized. . . what was really happening with you. I felt like such a bastard."

"It's alright, Dark"

"You keep saying that. But it's not." Dark couldn't look him in the eye, "I promise I'll make it up to you."

Anti shook his head and sat next to him, "So about Actor. . .  Sean said when he spoke to Mark that he said something that he was using the void?"

"Yes." he nodded, "He thought he was in control of it. He though he created me from it but in reality, it was Celine who truly was the hero. She placed a fragment of Damien's soul in me before she fell asleep. Before the void really gave me form. Actor wanted a villain and he got one but he didn't expect himself to be one as well. He didn't expect the others to be at my side."

"I'm happy for you, Dark. I remember when they were all so afraid of you, none of them would even glance at you. Except Wilford, that is."

"Yeah. Wil. He's always been there. I thought it was because he was just latching onto Damien but. . .I guess I was wrong. Anyways, I'm happy for you too. The Septics, the way I remember it, didn't care for you even before the incident, correct?"

Anti nodded, "Yeah. Then after that, everything was hell. They even kicked me out on the streets for a while until I accidentally possessed Schneep and he thought I was bipolar. He could feel two different entities. He wasn't entirely wrong. But I never told anyone and neither did he. He said he was afraid to."

Dark made a disbelieving face, "He still could have said something".

Anti ignored the comment and continued, "It was in late September this year when I started talking to Chase. He was always drunk but he still listened. I guess he finally retained some memory from us talking, though, one day and . . . things just changed."

"Good."

"But can . . . can you stop calling them the Septics'? It . . . . that word sort of bothers me anymore"