Chapter 18

Lightning and Jo were looking at the swamp. They could clearly see mutants in there. Lightning was holding a cage and Jo was holding a rope just in case.  

"What do we do now?" she asked, crossing her arms. 

"Sha-Easy! We just get a critter and put it inside the cage!" Lighting replied, pointing to the gigantic cage he brought. The size of it was to only impress Jo with his strength, but lucky guess, she wasn't impressed for one bit. 

"Wow, Captain Smarty-pants. You really thought this through," Jo said as she rolled her eyes in sarcasm. No, he didn't think this through. Logic: how are you supposed to keep a small animal or a critter inside a gigantic cage that can easily go out! 

"Yup! I surely sha-did!" he boasted, "now let's go get a raccoon!" he commanded and they both started to look for a raccoon. Good luck with that, I say -_-.

Meanwhile, with Carrie and Noah, they brought a small cage with them. Finding the equipment was easy, but actually catching a small rat would be a lot harder. They made it across the island and Carrie decided to have small talk. 

"So Noah, how are things between you and Cody?" she asked. 

"Good," Noah replied. Not a hint of sarcasm, so Carrie thought that it was alright. 

"How about Emma? How have you two been? Have you two got back together?"

"Like I would make that mistake again," Noah rolled his eyes and scoffed. 

"That wasn't really nice."

"They through your boyfriend off the cliff! How is that any better?!" 

Noah pointed out. 

"It was an accident!" Carrie tried to defend her. It was quite painful though to hear about the incident. 

"Yeah. And the accident that she doesn't care." Noah said as they arrived in their designated area. 

They started looking. It seems that Carrie made a mistake of picking Noah, but she didn't put that in mind. What's done is done. 

Jr. and Bronze were looking through bushes. 

"Found anything yet?" Jr. asked. 

Bronze shook his head. They were in the middle of the jungle and all they could find were three small pieces. 

Bronze thought of a way to make things a bit faster. "Hey Jr., I think I have a spell that could help us a bit," Bronze mentioned.

Jr. smiled and walked up to him. 

Bronze intertwined his hands and lowered his hand. He started chanting something Jr. couldn't understand. At the end of his chant, his pupils turned from hazel to blue. He touched Jr.'s head and his eyes turned blue too.  Both of them could see what they were looking for all around. They would have a high chance of winning now. 

The two girls were at the top of the cliff. They looked down and saw sharks swirling around a circle. 

"This is it. I'm gonna die," Gwen sighed. Joseé pushed Gwen off the cliff and jumped down herself. 

Gwen screamed in fear as Joseé bravely dived as she smiled and waved as she thought was the camera.

Do you think I should stop? These character developments of mine are actually cringing once I started to reread this. Let me know in the comments below. 

They reached the water and the sharks started to get close. 

"You find the key while I fight them off," Joseé ordered.