Chapter 29 (PART 2.1)

The following story will contain bloody or gory themes. You may skip the chapters that may have the same themes for your own innocent mind. If you even have an innocent mind.

________________

It was night when they started searching for the mutants. Most probably one of the worst times. Brisk made a three balls of light and gave it to Jo, Alejandro, and Duncan. They walked South of the forest, trying to stay together. In the day, some people also made some spears to hunt down Emma. 

Jr. stick to Duncan for protection while holding a small spear made out of rock, rope,  and sticks. Courtney, Lightning, and Sky were holding spears as well. 

A good 45 minutes of through the forest, they heard a branch crack, they looked behind them and saw nothing. Jr. used his power to clear a few bushes, and indeed, a branch was cracked. Then a shadow ran past in front them. Brisk casted a spell to connect all her teammates' hands. 

She then ran after the shadow, pulling her team with her. Some were  dragged, some were trying to run as fast as her, and some were ground-skiing. 

Brisk then suddenly stopped, causing her teammates to stop behind her, or just bump with each other. "What the-" Sky was shushed by Brisk, stopping all her movements. "Don't move," she warned. 

Bushes started to rustle as the teenager's heart start to beat faster and faster. 

Then a wild rabbit leaped out in front of Brisk. Brisk then grabbed Jr.'s weapon and stabbed Emma in the side. Emma rolled over, across from Brisk. Brisk took down the spell she made. She walked towards her as Emma whimpered from the fear and pain. 

"Cage her," She ordered Duncan. Duncan was slowly forming a cage around Emma. Until Emma howled like a dog and then jumped out. She scratched Duncan's right eye and left.

Duncan was shouting in agony, covering his eye in attempt to stop the bleeding.

"Duncan!" 

He was walking backwards, towards a cliff. He slipped on a rock and then fell. He was embracing himself to greet death, but he didn't fall. He could feel a hand grab him. Alejandro was holding his hand, "hold tight, amigo!"

Duncan's hand was slipping, also Alejandro. Lighting then grabbed a hold of Duncan's wrist, a more stable part to hold on to. Then Brisk pulled Duncan's hand, joining the two masculine boys. 

Others helped as well. Except Sky. She saw Emma starring at her, her red orbs frightening Sky. Emma leaped off, and even if it's totally an incredibly stupid and foolish idea, she ran after her, leaving her team. Jr. saw her leave. But didn't bother to catch her. His team is more important; a LIFE is more important than MONEY. 

With that encouragement, he managed to command the wind, on his own, to lift up his teammates. 

Everyone panted when most of their strength are gone. Seriously, how much did Duncan weigh? Is it the fact that he's rock elemental? Does he have boulder in his pocket? Or is it his head that's as hard as a rock?

"Duncan..." Brisk cupped his cheeks and looked at his wound, "hold still..."

While Brisk was healing his wound, Duncan go the urge to do something stupid. When she was done, she pitifully smiled at him, and asked, "better?"

Duncan cupped Brisk's cheeks and pressed his lips against hers. Brisk pulled away and said, "Duncan! I'm lesbian! How many times do I have to remind you!" 

"I don't care!" Duncan said as he pressed his lips again. 

"I don't care..." It rung in Brisk's head again and again. It's what she said. What she said to protect her. Brisk pushed away Duncan once again and backed off.