chapter twenty seven • "froyo"

Mackenzie.

We finally made it to Froyo Yolo after walking for a few minutes; it wasn't that far away from our house. Maddie didn't come because she wanted to hang with Charlize. Before we walked in, I stopped everyone.

"Lauren, promise me you won't be yelling all over the place," I told her. "One squeal is allowed!"

"I don't know if I can promise; my mouth has a mind of its own!" Lauren chuckled.

Johnny rolled his eyes. "Don't worry, Kenzie. I'll scold her if she goes crazy."

"Thanks!" I said before opening the door. I spotted Nadia, Ruby, and Annie at our usual table by the window. Annie looked up and smiled.

"Guys, they're here!" She informed the others. The other girls turned around and walked up to us. Brynn, Johnny, and Jack looked taken aback, but Lauren looked like she was going to pass out.

"You must be Kenz's Phoenix friends!" Nadia greeted them. "I'm Nadia. That's my sister Ruby, and that's Annie."

"I know who you are!" Lauren exclaimed. "This is so unreal. You guys are my idols. Someone pinch me..."

Johnny pinched her, making her glare at him. "What?" He said in defense. "You asked for it!"

"Ignore them," Brynn said calmly to my friends. "I'm Brynn. That's Lauren and Johnny; they're siblings. And that's Jack, my cousin."

"It's nice to meet you guys!" Ruby said excitedly. "I can already tell we're going to be best friends. Let's get our froyo!"

We went over to the machine, but Annie pulled me back. "Kenz, you did not tell me Johnny and Jack were cute!" She whispered. "Please tell me why you're not dating one of them."

"First of all, Johnny is dating Brynn," I scoffed. How many times did I have to explain? "And I'm not trying to do long distance."

"Oh, so you like Jack?" She tried again.
"Hmm..."

Before I could tell her otherwise, Lauren called, "Guys, come on!"

We caught with them and got our frozen yogurt. After paying, we decided to go outside since it wasn't blistering hot today.

"I cannot believe I'm eating frozen yogurt with the Annie Leblanc, Ruby Rose Turner, Nadia Turner, and Mackenzie Ziegler," Lauren said in awe. She tasted uher frozen yogurt. "And this is delicious!"

"This place is voted the best frozen yogurt place in L.A," Annie told her. "Anyway, tell us about yourselves. We want to know everything."

And that's when we told my friends the story of everything that happened after Maddie and I arrived in Phoenix.

"Hold on, you went to a party that had drinking?" Ruby questioned in shock. "Wow, Kenz!"

"Moving on!" I diverted.

We also discussed Jack and I being matchmakers, Maddie being a cheerleader, and the legendary showcase. Lauren pulled up a video on her phone and showed them Johnny and I's performance.

"Wow, looks like we have a new star on our hands," Annie cooed. Suddenly, something I had almost forgot popped into my head.

"Johnny!" I exclaimed. "You have a meeting with my one of my manager's friends tomorrow. He's one of the heads of a record label. I can come with you if you want."

"Wow!" Brynn said. "Are you excited?"

"Whoa," he said in shock. "Yeah, sure."

"And we're performing What If at The Roxy in two days. It's apart of some mini show with multiple acts," I added. "Sorry for the short notice!"

"Look at you, Johnny!" Lauren said. "It looks like you guys will be spending a lot of time together." I glared at Lauren, but she didn't catch my eye contact. I noticed Brynn shift in her seat a little.

"Well!" Nadia interrupted the silence. "It looks like everyone is done. We'll see you guys tomorrow at Kenzie's place for the pool party." I hugged Annie, Nadia, and Ruby goodbye and then they left. The others and I left shortly after and walked back over to my house.

Lauren and I walked ahead of the others. "What was that back there?" I whispered to her.

She just shrugged. "Remember when I told you I couldn't tell you who I shipped together? Well..."

"Hey guys!"

We turned around to see Maddie walk out of the house. We walked up the driveway.

"Mom said she wants to take us all out for dinner later," she informed us. "How was froyo?"

"Amazing!" Lauren said happily. "I can't believe I got to meet my idols."

We went back inside, and I almost forgot what Lauren was saying. About who she liked together. I filled in the blanks.

This was not okay.

~

A/N: this chapter sucked, I know. Sorry for the long wait, I started school again. I'll try to update once a week. Vote, comment, and stay tuned!