Chapter 1 The beginning

"Got Every thing?"
Yes.
"You sure?" Sam asked holding a coffee mug in his hand, seated behind the kitchen counter.
"I'm Sure Sam don't be so stressed out for goodness sake, I am the one going for the job here."
"Come on pumpkin I just don't want anything to go wrong, I mean its not always one gets to see their little pumpkin take big steps in life. Plus I don't want anything to go wrong, we know how much you need this" he spoke the last sentence with a remorseful voice, and instead of letting all those thoughts get to me, I quickly brushed it off and smiled.

"Awww Samm I looked at the man sitted in front of me and I almost shed a tear, his support has been so wonderful since the time I've known him especially through those those horrible nights which I wished I could just bury up and never  think about them again but we all know how impossible it is to just simply shove a nightmare away, they will always resurface.

I went over to Sam and gave him a long comfortable hug and I actually felt myself release a sigh of relief in his embrace. I love you Sam"I told him.

"I love you too pumpkin my Beautiful Nelly." He said kissing my temple.

Today I was starting my first job at one of the biggest Construction Companies in the industry.
Heandrason Constructions, and although I'd only be working as an assistant I was going to work my butt off to make a good impression, show a few of my skills, make a name and reputation for myself.

It's no secret  just how excited I was, the search was finally over and given a few months the nightmares would also be yesterday's tales.

"Owkey then" I said breaking the warm huggy moment,before I could break down in tears.

"I really need to get going if I want to make it there in time."

"Don't you want to eat something?"

"No I'll grab something on the way, I'm too nervous, and the fact that I don't know what to expect is not really comforting either."

It pissed me off so much that I could not get any personal information about my boss on the internet, there was literally nothing, not even childhood history. I guess the tabloids are not as good as they claim to be, all I found were articles from the launching of the company to everytime they embark on a new project nothing else, no relationship scandal, no family issues nothing.

I grabbed my stuff, and Sam kept eyeing me with those awww its my baby's first day in school kind of eyes, which I tried very hard to ignore."that must be everything, thank you for being here, I know you have a lot of work."

"Come on you know you're worth the time, you're worth more than all this, you come first pumpkin I can never be too busy for you now go, before you miss that bus"

"Oh shit! The bus!,,,I'm out" I said  quickly rushing out of the apartment bumping into some furniture on the way. (Bloody cramped up space)

"Oh! Nelly" I heard him call out.

"I know I love you too Sam and promise to eat something" I yelled. "No hunny Files ! you forgot your Files.!"

Shit! Files, how did I miss those? Thank God for Sam.

I was already halfway on my Way to the elevator with five minutes left before the bus got here.

"what would I do without you."
"You'd Probably be lost" He smirked
"Ha!" I laughed
"Don't forget to key up when you leave" I told him. "Pumpkin who is the older one here? I know what I have to do, I'll lock up after cleaning all this mess."
Looking at my very rearranged living room it was shameful really.
"You don't have to I....."
"Three minutes left" he said.

"Oh shit!" I rushed to the elevator,
Then realized I wasted my time because its been broken for three weeks now, and I had to run down 26 flights of stairs. I took my shoes off running as fast as I could with only two min Left before the bus arrived.

Luckily, I made it thirty seconds earlier and I looked terrible like I Had been running a Marathon. Oh Jesus! Those stairs would be the end of me.  

I took in a deep breath and left for the bus stop.

I hate this fucking place.

I made  my way through the rushing multitudes feeling a certain pride rise in me, today I was not just the girl with the doughnuts, I was also part of the morning rush, I was part of "THE MAN 's TROOPS" I thought laughing to myself.

I caught the overcrowded bus just in time and jumped in, or  more like  squeezed in but all that didn't bother me, because this was my way out and I was definitely holding on to it.

............