6.1

"I FEEL LIKE DEATH" annabelle muttered to the phone as she got up, feeling lightheaded. jonathan was on the other end of the phone, whining that she was going to miss yet another day of school.

"stick it out. you cant miss another science class. mr robenson'll kill you" he reminded, though knew it was useless. annabelle's mother had already left to go to work, meaning that staying home from school would be easy.

"i'm prepared to make that sacrifice" she dismissed, saying her goodbyes and hanging up the phone, walking towards dustin's room.

knocking, she entered dusting room to see him looking into his tank. "is that your slug thing?" she questioned, staning behind him as he fed the creature.

"his names dart" he smiled at her toothily.

"he's weird" she told him, still looking at the creature.

"well so are you" he shot back,getting defensive. "i've got to go to school, but i'll be back soon. sound good?" he spoke to the creature before exiting his room, his sister following.

"i'm not going to school today. feel like shit. call me if you need me to pick you up or something" she told him, ruffling his hair.

"fuck off belle" he groaned, before mumbling a goodbye as he closed the door.

"brat" she muttered,  heading back to bed.

upon about two hours of falling asleep, she was woken by someone pounding on the door. ignoring it for a few seconds, she got up as it didnt seem to die down.

"alrigh i'm coming" she hollered angrily. "what?" she asked, opening the door to be face to face with billy hargrove.

he stared her up and down. "you always greet your guests like this?" he questioned, letting himself in. annabelle quickly blushed, she was wearing a pair of shorts and her bra as her room was beyond hot.

"i dont see you complaining" she groaned, leading him to her room. "what'd do you want?" she asked, pulling on a shirt.

he took a look around and furrowed his brows. he hadnt taken notice of the way her room was decorated when he was first in here and noticed how alike their rooms were in a sense. "never took you as an elvis girl".

"guess you learn new things everyday".

he nodded slowly before opening his mouth to talk and then closing it.

"what do you want billy? my head's killing me and i cant muster the effort to deal with you right now" she groaned, leaning back on her bed.

"oh, little anna's sick" he cooed mockingly, kicking his shoes off and sitting next to her, pulling her into his embrace.

"you smell nice" she muttered into his chest as he chuckled. "why're you here?".

"i heard harrington talk to some kid, asking if they'd seen you this morning so i came to check up on you, seeing as you're not the most irritating person at that school by far" he admitted. annabelle furrowed her brows.

"flattered. how's your cheek?" she questioned, trailinh her finger across his jawline.

"it's fine" he chuckled, kissing her head. "you okay?".

"just dandy" she replied sarcastically. "i feel like im about to puke my organs out and my head is pounding" she explained as he nodded.

"graphically detailed" he chuckled as she nuzzled herself into his chest. "want me to miss the rest of school to stay with you?" he questioned as annabelle looked up to him,

"you'd do that for me?". he only nodded, cautious not to make himself look over eager to spend time with the girl that he'd developed slight feelings for in under a week. she smiled at him, kissing his cheek lightly

"is that a yes?" he questioned as annabelle nodded.

"do you want anything. water, coffee or something?" she questioned, pulling herself onto her feet and walking out of the room, going to attempt to make herself a coffee. billy followed behind her, before hugging her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder as he watched her make herself the drink.

"i'll take a coffee" he whispered, kissing her neck lightly, as she took no interest in him. she pulled away, walking to go get milk as he sulked slightly at how disinterested she was, before she chuckled at him, finishing the drinks and walking back to her room, where she turned the Tv on and sat down, placing the drinks on the nightstand's on either side of her bed.

"stop pouting" she mumbled as billy rolled his eyes, scanning her collection of tapes, before playing the shining, interested to see how annabelle would react. she was unfazed when she saw the familiar advertisement at the beginning as billy sat down next to her, leaning his head on her shoulder.

as the movie played, annabelle sat resting against the headboard, watching the movie with interest as billy began sloppily kissing her neck again, already knowing it'd be as far as he would get with her at the time. she let out a shaky breath, causing him to chuckle in amusement, before he bit her neck ever so slightly.

a gasp escaped her mouth, but she didn't take her eyes off of the screen in front of her, finally arriving the part where jack was breaking down the door. having read the novel before, she found herself not scared of the thriller, more intrigued to see the director choices.

she soon got bored, as did billy, and she dozed off. billy saw this as a opportunity to go back to school for his finally class of the day, as he scribbled a note with "went to school so they didn't call parents. will call you tonight. get well soon xxx".

he tiptoed towards the door before exiting and driving back to school.

a/n
ello ello
so basically i saw more potential in writing this as a AnnaxBilly chapter and relationship development ig and redid it, aswell as cut it shorter and made it a two part chapter. hope that'll work out. it'll also make sense why the reads are gonna be wonky on the next chapter lol

thank yous for the reads and votes. as always they mean so so much to me.

peace xox