9.1

"ITS NOT LIKE it was before. it's grown; a lot. and i mean, that's considering we can get im there. the place is crawling with those dogs." hopper explained as annabelle lay half asleep on the couch.

"demo-dogs" dustin butted in.

"i'm sorry, what?" hopper questioned.

"i said, uh, demo-dogs. like demogorgan and dogs. like, you put them together it sounds pretty badass-."

"shut up, dustin" she warned her brother, her voice raspy from the tiredness.

"how is this important right now?" hopper asked.

"it's not. i'm sorry".

"i can do it" eleven spoke up.

"you're not hearing me" hopper objected.

"i'm hearing you. i can do it" el insisted.

"even if el can, there's still another problem"  mike spoke.

"if the brain dies, the body dies".

"i thought that was the whole point." max asked.

"it is, but if we're really right about this...i mean, if el closes the gate and kills the mind flayer's army...".

"as i said before. it'll kill will. there's no way around it" annabelle whispered loudly.

everyone turned to look at joyce as they all followed her to will's room.

"he likes it cold" she pointed out.

"what?" hopper asked, bewildered.

"it's what will kept saying to me. he likes it cold." she told him, closing the window. "we keep giving it what it wants".

"if this is a virus, and will's the host, then..." nancy trailed.

"then we need to make the host uninhabitable" jonathan added.

"so if he likes it cold...".

"we need to burn it out of him" joyce told them.

"we have to do it somewhere he doesn't know this time" mike told them.

"yeah, somewhere far away"dustin agreed as hopper nodded, picking will up.

———————

"how's she sleeping through all of this?" lucas asked dustin.

"she's a real heavy sleeper" he informed him as annabelle lay on the couch, asleep.

"this little monster could sleep through a bomb. look at this" steve told them, looking at her lovingly which only dustin noticed, before clapping his hands in front of her face, loudly.

annabelle didnt budge. "a nightmare to wake up" dustin added, chuckling at his sister as he flicked her ear.

"fuck off" she muttered in her sleep, slapping dustin.