9.2

"GET DOWN, you shitheads!" annabelle growled. the teenagers ignored her, as steve exited the house.

"am i dreaming or is that you, harrington?" she heard billy ask.

"yeah its me, don't cream you pants" steve replied boredly.

"what are you doing here amigo?" billy questioned as steve walked up to him.

"i could ask you the same thing, Amigo". steve seemed out of place as he mimicked billy's way of speaking and taunting. annabelle could only bring herself to shake her head.

"i should've been the one to go out and make him fuck off" she mumbled as they all nodded.

"you could've showed him your boobs and he'd be on his way" lucas joked as dustin grimaced.

"dude, that's my sister!".

"looking for my step sister. a little birdie told me she was here".

"huh, that's weird. i don't know her" steve lied; a poor attempt.

"small, red-head, bit of a bitch?" she heard billy describe.

"Get down before he sees you, fucking dipshits" annabelle spoke through her teeth as she saw max look down."ignore him, max. he's mad. people usually don't mean what they say when they're mad" annabelle soothed her in a way that felt unnatural for everyone.

"doesnt ring a bell, sorry buddy" steve told him.

"you know.i dont know, this... this whole situation, harrington, i dont know. it's giving me the hibbie-jeebbies."

oh yeah? why's that?".

"my thirteen year old sister goes missing all day. and then i find her here, with you in a stranger's house. and you lie to me about it".

steve chuckled dryly. "man, were you dropped too much as a child or what? i dont know what you don't understand about what i just said. she's. not. here".

"then who's that?" billy asked, pointing to the window.

"shit. did he see us?" dustin exclaimed as annabelle rolled her eyes.

"oh course he did idiot.".

"oh shit. listen-." steve was cut off by bill pushing him. annabelle tensed up, shooting to her feet.

"i told you to plant your feet" he told him, kicking steve again. before entering the house where they all stood.

"well, well, well. lucas sinclair. what a surprise".

"back off, billy" annabelle told him, getting in front of the kids.

"woah. you're in on this too? i thought you were cool" he admitted, looking almost hurt as as he began approaching the kids, or more accurately, lucas.

"i told you to back off, billy" she warned him, keeping her temper on the low.

"i thought i told you to stay away from him, max?" billy growled.

"billy go away!".

"you disobeyed me. and you know what happens when you disobey me".