4.3

ANNABELLE LOOKED at herself in the mirror, smiling on her appearance. she wore a red dress paired with a pair of white sneakers, and had minimal makeup on.

she heard the doorbell ring and sprinted to open it, not wanting her mother to meet billy. "bye, mom." she called as she walked out of the door, passing billy.

"okay then" he uttered to himself, following annabelle into his car.

"so what are we doing?" she questioned as billy ran in front of her and opened the door for her. "what a gentleman" she teased as he shrugged before making his way to the drivers seat, turning on the ignition and driving away.

"that's a surprise".

i dont like surprises. they're stupid" annabelle told him plainly as Billy chuckled.

"of course you'd think that. guess you'll have to deal with it" billy shrugged, picking up speed before pulling up at the star-court.

"you're taking me to see a movie?" she questioned as billy shook his head. "food?".

"No".

"shopping?".

"no. i'll save that for when your my girlfriend.".

"wishful thinking" she scoffed. they both walked into the mall, billy snaking an arm around annabelle's shoulder. "we're going bowling?" she questioned, a small smile on her face.

"i asked around.  someone told me you liked bowling".

"woah. you really thought this through huh" she smiled, looking at billy who was smirking proudly to himself.

"i try" he grabbed her hand, pulling her inside.

"by the way, did i tell you how good you looked?" he questioned. annabelle shook her head. "well, you look great" he smirked as annabelle rolled her eyes, walking towards the counter.

—————

"oh quit your whining. i won fair and square" she chuckled as billy walked behind her, sulking.

"only because i let you" billy scoffed madly.

"of course. you tried to miss all of the pins three times in a row" annabelle laughed playfully as billy rolled his eyes, grinning at annabelle and how happy she seemed at that moment.

he took in the way she looked when she laughed. her nose slightly scrunched and her eyes crinkled, her cheeks reddening slightly. he found something deeply attractive in her that other girls lacked.

"wanna go get food?" he questioned, slinging his arm back around her shoulder.

"cant. my mom's making pasta bake and its like my all time favourite" she exclaimed, causing billy to chuckle. "what? it's really nice"she defended as they got into billy's car.

thet drove in silence back to annabelle's house, both head banging to the music playing on the radio. billy pulled up in front of her house, as annabelle smiled slightly, turning to face him. "i had a lot of fun tonight, hargrove".

"me too. how's 'bout we do this again?"he questioned.

"i'd like that" she smiled, before the car turned silent. they both found theirselves leaning in, like they were being pulled in by magnets. their noses brushed before their lips connected. the kiss was slow, something neither of them were used to. annabelle pulled away, not wanting things to escalate.

"this made the night better" billy teased as annabelle chulcled.

"maybe we could do that again aswell?". billy nodded enthusiastically. "bye, pretty boy" she waved, kissing his cheek and walking out, entering her house straight away.

"hey mom" she greeted her mother.

"hey sweetie" she smiled back, placing her playe on the table. annabelle and her mother ate in silence, before claudia spoke. "who was the young man that you were in the car with you?" she questioned as annabelle choked on her food.

"what?".

"tye man you were in the car with just then".

"no one" she stuttered, eyes widened.

"where'd you go?".

"bowling" she replied cautiously.

"did you have fun?".

"yes mother " annabelle answered in a mocking tone, feeling as if she was being interrogated before stuffing the last bit of food into her mouth before excusing herself.

"not so fast missy. please, fo me a favour and don't make me a grandmother just yet" claudia joked as annabelle scrunched her nose in disgust.

"goodnight mom" she yelled, walking into her room and locking it.

A/n

thank yous for all the votes and the reads.it means a lot xxx