20.1

"First he has the audacity to stand me up then to ignore all of my calls?"Annabelle questioned, Pacing around her house angrily before grabbing her keys and Driving to Billy's house.

——————

"Your brother home?"Annabelle asked, Pulling up next to Max and Eleven who were talking outside of the Hargrove household.

"No. I think he's working"Max shrugged as Annabelle sneered. "Why?"Eleven questioned.

"Little shit stood me up last night"Annabelle exclaimed as Max sighed.

"You're both having boy trouble then, Wanna join us for a girly day?".

"Have nothing else to do. I'll meet you at starcourt later, I have to go and have a chat with a specific Hargrove"Annabelle sighed, Giving both of them a small smile before driving off towards Hawkins Pool.

————

A good ten minutes later Annabelle pulled up in front one of Hawkins' busiest attractions and got out, Looking for her Boyfriend. Upon seeing him all the anger that'd died down began to bubble up again as she strode towards him, Following him inside the storage room.

"You are a dick, Hargrove"She sneered as he turned around, Steam almost coming out of his ears.

"Stay away from me, Annabelle"He snapped quietly as Annabelle raised a brow.

"As much as I like you telling me what to do, Outside of the bed it isn't a turn on. At all".

"I don't like you anymore"He looked into her eyes. Annabelle felt everything around her slow down, as if almost the world had stopped.

"W-What?"She stuttered, Beginning to be overwhelmed by an unknown emotion.

"I'm breaking up with you"He shrugged clearer, Before attempting to pass her, But the look in her eyes stopped him.

Despite all the things the mind flayer was yelling at him to do, He couldn't. He was frozen in place, The real Billy getting the best of him in the situation. He looked at Annabelle with a unreadable expression as tears streamed down her pale cheeks. Her lips quivering. He hated himself for this. But most of all, He hated him. No matter how much it hurt him to see her like this, He couldn't say or do anything to comfort her because he was in control.

He just stood there, Watching.

"So thats it?"Annabelle questioned, Her anger getting the best of her. "No explanation? Damn, You really are a piece of shit"She spat, Before walking off quickly, Wanting to get away.

She arrived her car as tears began streaming down her face, Her breathing getting uneven as she whimpered.

"So this is love"She muttered to herself. Finally understanding. She'd dreamt about love, And the concept of love. Wanting to be swooped off of her feet by someone, Almost like a princess. And get married, Before living happily ever after. What the story's forgot to tell her is how painful heartbreak is. The unreciprocation of love. And it was the one thing that she would've payed to know. Love isnt a fairytale, Its more like a nightmare.

She was in no position to be alone. She knew that from the past. She'd lock herself in like she did with her father and her health would decrees. Probably ending up drunk everyday. And closer and closer to being diagnosed with lung cancer. She wiped her eyes and drove off, Her vision slightly blurry since tears were now pooling in her eyes.

A/N

Short chapter.
Next one'll be longer.
Love yous xox