21.1

Annabelle woke up to Steve pulling up his pants, Attempting to be quiet. She watched him amusedly before speaking. "You're making this look like a hookup". Steve scrunched up his nose in fake disgust, Although knowing that it was no use.

"I've gotta get to work. Call me if you need anything, And I mean anything"Steve told her, Placing a kiss on her forehead and holding her in his grasp. The embrace lingered before he pulled away and exited her room,But not without turning around and smiling.

Annabelle was now alone.

In any other situation, This'd be a win. But she was feeling a less painful recreation of the avalanche of emotions her father's death caused her. She felt the tears come out of her eyes again as she lay there on her bed, Letting them fall down her cheeks in streams.

All that went through her mind was the recreation of the events that took place. The way Billy seemed so happy and content the day before, And then was so distant and cold afterworlds. She recalled how he was drenched in sweat and that he almost seemed like he didn't register who she was for a solid second.

This confused her.

It reminded her of how Will was last year when the shadow monster possessed him. Although she thought of this possibility, She knew deep down that she was just making things up to spare her the hurt.

"Belle"Dustin's strangely soft voice rang from the other side of the door, Lead by a knock.

Annabelle wiped the tears away before muttering a quiet 'come in'.

"I'm uhh, heading to starcourt to help Steve and Robin if you want to join me". He attempted a smile but failed. Seeing his sister sad made him like that. It was a thing that only happened once every blue moon, And when it did, Everyone was bummed.

"Wait for me. I'll just get changed"She forced a smile as Dustin nodded. Annabelle felt not so much as the slightest energy to go out and be productive, But she wanted in on this Russian spy mission.

She changed quickly into a pair of jeans and a hoodie, Grabbing a raincoat and her glasses since she couldn't be bothered to apply her contact lenses.

"Lets go"She sighed, Stepping out of her room, Dustin leading her to the garage where their bikes lay.

"Cant we just take my car?"She whined.

"We gotta be stealthy".

"But what if there's like a Beverly hills cop moment where we need to get out fast or follow someone?"She questioned.

"Steve has a car"Dustin reasoned as they peddled off.

"But the guy drives slower than grandma".

"Cant argue with you there"Dustin laughed.

"Just saying, I'm the best driver in Hawkins. I should be the one with the car". Dustin zoned out the rest of his sister's ranting, Focusing on how he'd made her forget about Billy. For now atleast.

"Yeah yeah stop whining."He instructed as Annabelle chuckled stiffly behind him. Dustin tensed up as he thought of what to say next. He felt a need to ask how she was doing, But also felt out of place talking about this sort of stuff with her.

They walked inside of the starcourt as Annabelle kept her head down, But was obviously noticed because a small group of teenagers approached her. "Didnt know you wore glasses"Janet Kipling remarked bitchily as Annabelle just looked at her, Too drained to deal with any bullshit.

"I wear contacts for that very reason"She mumbled back, Watching as Dustin walked on, Before stopping to look back at her, Noticing she wasnt by his side.

"Heard Billy broke up with you while you had his dick in your mouth, That's gotta sting" Spoke Landon Jacobs, Almost sympathetically.

"Who told you that?"She questioned as they shrugged.

"There are like twenty different stories going around about why you guys broke up. Someone's even claiming it was at Hawkins pool and that they saw you crying"Landon exclaimed as Annabelle looked down. He instantly knew that it was the truth and just nodded, Not drawing attention to it because unlike most of the populars, He wasnt an utter asshole.

"Also heard he's already got a new girlfriend. Heather Holloway, The life guard"Molly Clark informed as Annabelle nodded, clenching her jaw.

"What's it to you Molly? Is your life that sad that my boring breakup with Billy is enough to amuse you?"She challenged, suddenly seething with anger. Molly visibly gulped, before holding her hands up in defence.

"Was just letting you know. Might want to go beat up Hathaway for being a home wrecker. God knows the slut deserves it".

"Oh fuck off"Annabelle flipped her off as Molly scoffed.

"I was just being nice. bitch"she mumbled under her breath as Annabelle took a deap breath and lunged towards her, Landon grabbing her before she could lay a finger on Molly.

"You'll end up with a lawsuit if you so much as touch a strand of her hair. She's not worth it"he mumbled in her ear, loosening his grip on her. Annabelle shrugged her shoulders before walking away. She stopped next to Dustin who hugged her loosly, Making a smile appear on her lips.

"If her dad wasnt rich, she'd be bleeding on the floor by now" She joked as he rolled his eyes.

He took a deep inhale before he spoke, Almost cautiously. "How are you?". Annabelle had now tensioned up even more as she had to think of the answer.

"Truth be told. I dont know. I mean, My boyfriend just broke up with me and now I find out that he may or may not be with another girl already. And to top it all off, Im about to go with you, a dweeb and Robin to what, Fight the Russians?"Annabelle questioned bitterly as Dustin tried not to dampen the mood even more.

"Woah, Your life sucks"He admitted as Annabelle let out a laugh.

"Not to pitty myself but yeah, Big time"She agreed.

"Lets go see what tweedle dumb and tweedle dee are up to"Dustin told her as they walked straight to scoops.

Annabelle rung the bell but was answered by no service as she rolled her eyes,Before hitting it multiple times, Summoning a moody Steve.

"At least give us a smile"Dustin teased as Steve rolled his eyes, Motioning for them to join him and Robin in the back.

"Robin and I have agreed that you two should go on the roof as lookout"Steve told them almost instantly as Annabelle adjusted her glasses.

"Sure"She shrugged as Dustin raised a brow.

"Sure? Dude, Since when were you so... obeyable?".

"Firstly, Theres no such word as obayable and secondly, Get on the roof already, We're waisting precious time here"Robin clapped as Dustin and Annabelle rolled their eyes, Running to the back and to where the ladder that led to the roof was.