7.2

SHE HEARD knocking on the front-door and instantly knew who it was.

"you're ten minutes early" she stated, letting billy in and going back into her room. she started applying some makeup onto her face before stopping abruptly, tracing her hand over her neck. "you've gotta stop with the hickeys by the way. i look like a goddamn leopard". billy let out a hearty laugh. annabelle scoffed, pulling him in for a kiss. billy was the one to break the kiss when realisation hit him.

"i thought you said denim on denim will never be cool?" he questioned.

"on you, maybe. but me? i look badass" she smirked.

"hypocrite".

"cry me a river" she rolled her eyes, applying some blush before putting on her sunglasses.

"what is it with you and those things?" he asked as they walked out.

"they were a gift from steve a year ago. they compliment my eyes." she shrugged sarcastically.

"you cant even see your eyes through the leans".

"thats the point" she nodded, before running out back. "hey. i'm going out okay. i left 20 dollars on the table if you wanna go out or something. you'll owe me for that" she told her brother. "that thing reeks. make sure to cover up the hole good".

"rot in hell" he yelled after her as she walked away.

"what stinks?".

"our dead cat" she shrugged, as they both entered his car. billy handed her several tapes and told her to pick one.

"you got elvis?".

"probably, check the compartment" he instructed her as she looked inside.

"found it" she smiled in content, inserting the tape. she hummed along to each song as billy glanced at her from the drivers seat.

"you feeling any better?" he questioned as she nodded.

"time of the month" she replied him, as he nodded, trying to cover up his unneeded disgust. he couldn't get over how much more attractive she looked when she was careless as annabelle admired how billy pulled off a brown leather jacket and a red shirt.

"you checking me out?" he asked as annabelle blushed slightly.

"maybe". a chuckle escaped his lips, as he picked up speed. "where exactly are we going?".

"y'know, curiosity killed the cat".

"making cat jokes after mine just died is a dick move hargrove" she stated, attempting to get a rise out of the boy by crossing her arms and looking out of the window.

to be quite frank, annabelle never really liked the cat as it only ever let claudia hold him and feed him, and hissed and bit her and her brother.

billy sighed a "sorry".

"what? didn't hear you" she smirked as billy rolled his eyes.

"you heard me the first time, anna" he told her annoyedly. annabelle's lips curved into a smile at the mention of her nickname.