20.2

Annabelle placed her sunglasses over her now red, puffy and smudged mascara covered eyes and fluffed up her hair a bit before walking out of the car to meet El and Max. She waited outside and watched the two get off of the bus, Before they looked as if they were bickering. Annabelle dropped her half smoked cigarette on the floor and stepped on it before approaching the two.

"We going or what?"Annabelle questioned both of them, Her voice rougher than usual. El sent her a look that was as if she knew what was going on. Annabelle shrugged at her before leading them into the hectic starcourt. She watched El and Max hold hands, Both smiling as Max spoke.

"So, What should we do first?"She questioned excitedly as El glanced around the building, Speechless.

"You've never been shopping before, Have you?"Max chuckled. Annabelle found herself feeling uneasy in the presence of Billy's stepsister, Almost awkward.

"Lets just try everything out then"Annabelle suggested to both of them, As their faces lit up.

"Oooh, Come on"Max giggled excitedly as she dragged El towards a shop, Annabelle following them in a more comfortable pace, For her at least. She picked up speed as she saw Lucas, Mike and Will walk, Trying not to draw attention to herself. Will instantly saw her and opened his mouth to yell a 'hi' but Annabelle shushed him with her finger, Motioning to Mike and Lucas as he nodded. They exchanged secret smiles before taking off again.

"You know GAP stands for Gay and proud" Annabelle informed them as she watched both girls looking at clothes, Her herself doing the exact same thing. Max shook her head, Chuckling as El looked at them.

"Gay and proud?"She questioned. Annabelle shook her head.

"It stands for not giving a fuck about society's norms and being and accepting yourself, El". Annabelle was one of the few people in Hawkins that accepted homosexuality and didnt judge. She felt as if it wasn't her place to tell people who to like and felt happy that she lived in a world where realistically you could love whoever you wanted, with only a few negative reactions.

"You like that?"Max questioned, Watching El look at a shirt.

"How do I know what I like?".

"You just try things on. Until you find something that feels like you".

"Like me?"El questioned.

"Yeah. Not Hopper. Not Mike. You"Max explained as Eleven smiled.

"But you gotta show off that sick tatt though" Annabelle told her as Max rolled her eyes.

"Stop reminding her of her past" Max tutted, unamused.

"Man. She has epic powers that she uses everyday to remind her of that shit. I doubt me telling her to show off a damn tattoo'll make a difference" Annabelle explained as they all began browsing again. Annabelle grabbed a few clothes for El and shoved her into the changing room.

"You look like a unicorn threw up on you" She commented on the first outfut she came out in. Max agreed as they sent her back. The next was the shirt and a pair of suspenders. Max placed a hat on her head as Annabelle finally took her sunglasses and winked. "You look goood" She mocked a accent.

Annabelle went on to search for a new pair of sunglasses and a bucket hat as they tried on more clothes. She looked at every pair of black sunglasses before giving up on the colour. "Fucking shit" She muttered, Before her eyes were caught on a specific pair of rimless, Yellow lensed sunglasses and tried them on. El walked up to her and repeated the compliment.