7.1

ANNABELLE SAT ON the soffa, watching as her brother lied about the cat's whereabouts to their mother. "alrught, great news" dustin announced, putting down the phone.

"they found her?" her eyes lit up.

"no. but they saw her wandering around loch nora" he lied with suspicious ease. her mother had been crying all morning and dustin was giving her false hope.

"how'd the poor baby get all the way out there?" she asked.

"yeah dustin, how?" annabelle spoke up from behind her mother, glaring at him. he shot her a look, as if telling her to 'shut the fuck up' before smiling at their mother.

"i dont know. lost, i guess. but they're gonna look for her and i'll stay here just in case they call again. and you're gonna go help look, yeah?" dustin reassured her as they hugged. annabelle kept making faces towards dustin from behind his mother as he glared daggers at her. "give me a hug. give me a hug. go get her" he instructed as their mother started walking away.

"go get her. you're gonna find her.".

"okay".

"we can find her?" annabelle told her mother, though it was more of a question. dustin shot her another look causing her to shrug, shoving another spoonful of cornflakes into her mouth.

"we can find her".

"i love you" dustin blew a kiss to his mother.

"i love you both" she sniffled back.

"alright, go" dustin told her, as their mother closed the door. dustin's expression instantly dropped to panic and dread as the door closed, annabelle laughing at him.

she watched her brother walk around the house, grabbing tones of different foods and using them as bait before dressing up in protective sports gear.

"this is priceless" annabelle cackled as she saw dustin walk through the living room dressed up, carrying a hockey stick.

"alright dart, breakfast time!" he called, annabelle watched with curiosity. he opened the door and started running away. "oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. shit. shit. shit. shit" he cursed, running outside, annabelle following him, waving at their confused neighbours as dustin continuously swore.

they both got into dustin's safe house and waited. "so, what exactly are we doing?" annabelle trailed off as she looked through the cracks inbetween the planks.

"we're luring him" he told her, as dart walked out of the house, eating the bait.

"yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!" dusting whispered, moving to get a better view. they watched as dart looked at the safe house, both of them looking at each other in fear before dustin sprinted out and scared him into the basement, running to close the door.

"sorry. you ate my cat" he explained, locking it.

"what a hero" annabelle chuckled, patting her brother's back before heading inside the house after hearing the phone ringing.

"hello?" she greeted after picking up.

"hey!" a familiar voice spoke from the other side.

"i swear to god hargrove, i am so fucking close to filing an order on your dumb ass" annabelle chuckled as she could practically hear billy's smirk through the silence.

"i'm coming to pick you up. be ready in thirty" billy instructed, hanging up. as much as he hated to admit it, he'd grown quite fond of the black haired girl, and had formed a sort of attachment to her.

he lived to see the fire in her eyes, no matter what the circumstance. something that most girls didn't harness. the thought of her drove him crazy, and he wanted to spend as much time as he could with her.

annabelle got changed into a pair of shorts and a band shirt, before pulling on her denim jacket.

A/n

quarantine got me on wattpad every day lmao so might finish writing this fic in the next week lmao. hope ur all doing okay lol