Chapter 3

3002 - Lalia Clayhanger, the matriarch of the Took clan, dies, aged 119, and possibly pushed by Pearl Took.

- Éomund, father of Éomer and Éowyn, is slain in battle with Orcs.

- Bilbo Baggins settles in Rivendell.

3004 to 3008 - Gandalf comes back to The Shire to visit Frodo, which he would do periodically over the next four years.

3005 - The Protectors of the Mortals travel to The Dark Land, also referred to as the South Land. They failed to anchor and approach the great land, due to the immense amount of darkness.

- (Y/N) of Lórien is the only one, after many ages, to hear the voice of Morgoth.

3007 - Death of Bain, son of Bard the Bowman and father of Brand.

- Brand, son of Bain, becomes the King of Dale.

3008 - Gandalf and (Y/N) of Lórien pay one last visit to Frodo in the autumn, the last visit they will make until almost 10 years later.

3009 - Aragorn captures Gollum at Gandalf and (Y/N)'s request, and brings him as a captive to King Thranduil's halls in Mirkwood.

3013 - Reunion of the Protectors of the Mortals in Erebor.

- (Y/N) of Lórien communicates with Sauron for the first time.

3014 - Saruman begins using his influence to weaken Théoden, 17th king of Rohan.

3017 - Gandalf goes to the library of Minas Tirith and reads the scroll of Isildur and learns of the One Ring, and now knows that Frodo Baggins does indeed have it in his possession.

- Acay and Ágora learn of Saruman's betrayal.

3018 - The Ringwraiths are given the task of retrieving the One Ring.

- (Y/N) of Lórien returns to Bag End after receiving Gandalf's letter along with Isildur's one.

-----------------------

I entered through the same door that had welcomed me in past years, and I waited until Frodo was here to find the one ring. I couldn't simply snoop in his things. I heard chuckling outside the hole, and finally, the hobbit entered his house. I knew he had sensed something was wrong the second he stepped in, and I didn't want to scare him either, but...

"Frodo." I said and he turned around, petrified as he looked at me up and down. "Is it safe?" I asked, Frodo nodded slowly and went to look in a box, I used my magic to light candles and the fireplace, letting him look better while searching. As soon as Frodo found the envelope, I snatched it from his grasp and threw it to the fire. "What are you doing?" I didn't answer, the only thing I did was stare at the ring.

The door opened again, I knew it was Gandalf, who had quickly come to our side. I looked at the wizard and then at Frodo while I lifted the ring with my magic. "Hold out your hand Frodo." Said Gandalf, I let the ring on the hobbit's hand. "What can you see? Can you see anything?"

Frodo shook his head. "Nothing. There's nothing." I knew Gandalf had relieved a bit, until. "Wait. There are markings. It's some form of Elvish. I can't read it." I stood up and looked at the hobbit. "There are few who can. The language is that of Mordor, which none of us will utter here."

"