Chapter 29

Silence.

The silence in Helm's Deep was terrifying, the tension building, the fear for what the future might bring. I can feel everything right now and the chills up and down my spine kept the anxiety in my chest. It has been since The Battle of the Five Armies that we haven't stepped foot in any other war, and it has been 60 years since that moment, we are stronger but more afraid than ever. Adán stayed next to the king, Acay is with Haldir, Legolas and Gimli, and the archers and Ágora stood on the high walls, expecting to see and hear the Uruk-hai from a certain distance.

As for me, I was flying towards Helm's Deep once more, giving a sign to Ágo that our enemies were closed, she did, Acay passed it to Adán and gave the news to the kings and I landed behind the archers, standing high on the walls. Aragorn nodded to me and stood between our allies. Lighting and rumbles of thunder in the skies. I saw Ágo grabbing her bow and arrows, ready to shoot when the order is given. "Your friends are with you, Aragorn." Legolas muttered. "Let's hope they last the night..." Gimli says.

"I hope so too..." I whispered, then suddenly it starts to rain. I looked up, closing my eyes and welcoming the cold tears of the gods above. "(Y/N)?" Gimli called, and I looked down at him. "You were right, our ties... They are beautiful." Legolas and I smiled, I jumped off and stepped to them, resting my hands on their shoulders.

If they ever enter the caves, I hope Aesigir can kill the intruders, they are all counting on us. All of us.

"A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!" Screamed Aragorn as he walked through the elven lines. The Uruk-hai stopped with a loud growl and Aragorn walked forward and looked down at the huge army. "What's happening out there?" Asked Gimli. "Shall I describe it to you? Or would you like me to find you a box?" Gimli stares at Legolas and laughs, one of the elves gave me a bow with arrows and I stepped back on the high walls, men and elves aiming at them. The Uruks pound their spears and roar.

Someone accidentally shoots an arrow, hitting an orc in the neck. I widened one of my eyebrows, the area welcoming the sudden silence as the orc falls, dead. I gazed at my cousins, all of them with their mouths hanging. "Dartho!" Screamed Aragorn from his position.

The Uruks roar in anger and charge with speed towards us. As the army below runs forward, we prepare to shoot our arrows. "Faeg i-varv dîn na lanc a nu ranc!!" I shouted, aiming down at the orcs approaching. "Leithio i philinn!" At Aragorn's sentence, all of us shot our arrows.

"Anybody hit anything?!" Asked Gimli, more arrows are shot from the king's guards. "Tangado a chadad!" The skies were filled with arrows, the orcs falling faster than we would have thought, but there are many of them, and these aren't unlimited. "Come on! Send them to me!" Gimli screams again. "Gimli stop being impatient!" I yelled as I kept firing arrows, he grunted loudly, kind of offended. "Look who's talking!" An arrow is shot to one of our elven allies and another follows, falling from the wall. "Pendraid!"

Fuck no!

"Good!" Gimli shouted.

Dammit, Gimli!

I watched the Uruk-hai climbing the ladders, and I turn, shouting to Ágo. "Ágo! Bombs!!" She jumped off the wall and hung on several rocks of the fortified castle, swinging and rolling in the skies along our lines while casting powerful bottle spells. Radagast, you were one hell of a teacher!

The Uruks fell from the ladders to their death, but more keep coming up, and finally, the heavy battle starts. I always knew that Acay doesn't like killing, I always watch him trapping his enemies with plants and even suffocating them unconscious. "Acay! Protect the injured until Ágo is free to heal!!" He nods and continues immobilizing the orcs so the others can kill them. I cannot use my magic with so many allies around, it would mean sacrificing them for a greater good, but I'm not like that. I unsheathed my axe and start slashing and beheading as many orcs as I can.