Chapter 39

February of 3019

- The Battle of the Morannon.

- The death of Gollum (Sméagol).

- The destruction of the One Ring.

- The remaining Nazgûl are destroyed.

- The final defeat of the Dark Lord Sauron.

- (Y/N) of Lórien, Messenger of the Valar, fulfills her oath and ascends to the side of the Valar.

- Iraya from Blue Earth is accepted by the halls of the Valar.

- Gondor declares the day as the official start of the new year.

- Frerin, daughter of (Y/N) of Lórien and Fili, son of Dís, dies in battle.

- Dathan, son of (Y/N) of Lórien and Kili, son of Dís, dies in battle.

- Bard II and Thorin III Stonehelm repel the enemy from Dale.

- Celeborn crosses the Anduin and Galadriel, accompanied by Thranduil and his forces, destroy Dol Guldur.

April of 3019

- Celeborn meets with Thranduil.

- Gondor honors the Ring-bearers on the Field of Cormallen.

- Haco of Lórien marries Edith of Gondor.

May of 3019

- Aragorn is crowned King Elessar of the Reunited Kingdom of Arnor and Gondor.

-----------------------------------------------

Atop Minas Tirith, a crowd fills the giant courtyard of the white city. Civilians, friends, and family reunited to see the coronation of the new king of Gondor, the line that everyone thought was dead, was back to its place. Gandalf places a crown on Aragorn's head slowly, the new king looking down as the wizard speaks out loud. "Now come the days of the king! May they be blessed..." Gandalf whispers to his old friend, and Aragorn returns it, turning to address the crowd. Everyone cheers and whistles at the return of Isildur's heir.

"This day does not belong to one man but all. Let us together rebuild this world... That we may share in the days of peace." The crowd applauds again, and they make way to Gabi, Haco, Adán, Acay and Ágo, who bow in front of Aragorn, and he starts singing softly.

"Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. 

Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta." 

Aragorn walked down the center of the assembly, nodding in turn to each familiar face among the happy throng. Your cousins, Éomer, Éowyn and Faramir... That pair was looking particularly happy in one another's company and the new King's heart rejoiced for them.

Then there was Legolas. Dressed for the first time in a long time in the ceremonial silks of his royal house. Legolas was advancing to meet the human at the head of the elven delegation. Some elves had come days ago, but most had arrived only just this morning, gracing the coronation with their presence and support. Aragorn had briefly glimpsed Legolas' father Thranduil in the crowd earlier and knew that emissaries from all three elven realms, Lórien, Mirkwood and Rivendell were present, but he had yet to discover who and how many.

Legolas and Aragorn place their hands on each other's shoulders. Between the two of them, there were no titles that mattered, not King of Gondor, not Prince of Mirkwood, the only title that mattered was mellon, friend.

Neither had truly expected to survive this last great conflict. More than a dozen times both had fully expected to die fighting by the other's side. Now they were here and it was unreal and yet undeniable at the same time, for Aragorn at least. When he looked in his elven friend's eyes Aragorn could see that the elf had no trouble grasping their victory.