Chapter 34

That same morning, we reunited in the Golden Hall with king Théoden, there was no need to say that my mind was elsewhere the whole time. "There was no lie in Pippin's eyes. A fool... But an honest fool he remains. He told Sauron nothing of Frodo and the Ring." The wizard said as he looked at me, Merry and Pippin.

"We've been strangely fortunate. Pippin saw in the Palantír a glimpse of the enemy's plan. Sauron moves to strike the city of Minas Tirith. His defeat at Helm's Deep showed our enemy one thing: he knows the heir of Elendil has come forth. Men are not as weak as he supposed, there is courage still, strength enough perhaps to challenge him. Sauron fears this. He will not risk the peoples of Middle-Earth uniting under one banner."

Gandalf sighed and looked at Adán and the rest of my cousins. "The blessed ones are the principal unit of Middle Earth, (Y/N) thinks Adán's sequestration was not an accident, and I agree..." Adán looks down and Ágo rests a hand on his arm. "Sauron will raze Minas Tirith to the ground before he sees a King return to the throne of men, in the way seizing the lives of the Protector of the mortals. If the Beacons of Gondor are lit, Rohan must be ready for war."

"Tell me... Why should we ride to the aid of those who did not come to ours? What do we owe Gondor?" Théoden exclaimed. "I will go." We look at Aragorn in shock, and Gandalf stepped to him. "No!"

"They must be warned!" Aragorn shouted at him. "They will be." Gandalf walks closer to Aragorn and whispers to him, then turned to us. "Understand this: things are now in motion that cannot be undone. I ride for Minas Tirith." Gandalf looks at the hobbits. "And I won't be going alone." As Gandalf motions the two hobbits to follow him outside, Adán, Ágo and Acay come to me.

"Have you told Gandalf?" Adán asks me and I nodded. "Yes, he knows. I do not know how... Or why. But there is something wrong with all of this, all of our connections have been failing over the years, Adán was kept in an iceberg for 3 years and we haven't received absolutely anything from Haco. I am more than worried!!" I screamed, getting everyone's attention in the great hall.

I sighed heavily, apologizing to the king, who only bowed slightly, the 3 hunters made their way towards us. "Cousins, what is the matter?" Asked Gimli. "You have been very irritated since you touched the Palantir, lady (Y/N). If there is something we can do, then we will." I smiled brightly at them. "I do not think you can help me, but only have theories, or in the worst-case... Nothing."

The elf and the dwarf looked at each other confused, and Aragorn stepped closer to me. "(Y/N), please, what is the matter?" I turned my gaze to him, a few seconds passed until I finally sighed. "In my vision, Sauron's voice... It was replaced by that of a woman." Their lips parted and their eyes widened, Gimli's axe falling to the ground.

I looked down for instants, walking away from them. "I need to see Gandalf, excuse me." I opened the great door outside and closed it behind me, going down the stairs and swiftly making my way to the stables of Edoras. Inside the stables, I see Gandalf lifting Pippin on Shadowfax's back.

"Miss (Y/N)!" Pipping calls to me, Merry and Gandalf turning to me as I stepped to them. I stop next to Merry as I patted his head. "For the love of Aulë, Pippin. Do not touch anything if you are said not to." I say, giving him a small smile as he purses his lips. I step closer to the halfling and hug his small form on the horse.

"Here. Something for the road." Merry gives Longbottom leaf to Pippin as I broke the hug. "Last of the Longbottom Leaf...?" Pippin looks at Merry from the horse. "I know you've run out. You smoke too much, Pip." Pippin looks between me and his cousin. "But... We'll see each other soon, won't we?"

Merry glances at Gandalf as I close my eyes for a few seconds. "I don't know. I don't know what's going to happen." Gandalf mounts Shadowfax and looks at me. "(Y/N)... You have grown and have made your path, I cannot give you anything you may seek now." I furrowed my eyebrows at him, my eyes tearful. "My sweet girl, your teaching is over."