Chapter 24

"I'm glad you are safe." I turned to be met by Legolas, who was walking towards me with my cloth washed. "Thank you... It is good to be back, even if I only left you for a day and a half." We chuckled. "We were worried. But Aragorn..." I shook my head, pursing my lips. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen, Legolas. The first time was just a casualty, I felt alone. But when we arrived in Lothlórien... If I could go back in time, that would be the first thing I would stop myself from doing." I felt the soft hand of the elf resting on my shoulder.

"It is not your fault, (Y/N). Both of you needed warmth, and I can see Aragorn trusts more in you than you are willing to believe." I turned to stare at the moon, the light showering my skin with coldness. "I trust him, but he belongs with the Evenstar of the elves. You don't understand, Legolas... I can feel her grace and light vanishing from so far away..."

His lips parted, and I gazed at him. "The light of the Evenstar has chosen to be with a mortal, and as a Valar, I cannot take that fate away from her. Eru has chosen not to meddle, so I am not to do differently."

"You are... Distinct, from the lady that left us for Fangorn." A small smile appeared on m lips, my hair dancing with the wind of the night. "Yes. I do not know if it was the living forest, or the dead, or even Eru, but they have shown me that I shouldn't be afraid. I have forgiven myself... That is what I truly needed."

"After many years, there is nothing like forgiveness to cure a broken heart." He whispered in a soft voice, looking up at the stars. Thank you...

After a few minutes of amiable silence, the elf asked. "How is Master Adán? I heard that he was as cold as an iceberg." I pursed my lips. "Because he was in an iceberg... I found him trapped in a powerful spell, I cannot believe that he has been there for 3 years."

"Is Saruman going after your family?" He asked, his gaze becoming more confused, but radiating hatred, hatred towards that man who was once a follower of the light. "It is possible. Sauron is trying to reach Frodo and me in every opportunity he gets. I'm just glad that Frodo hasn't been in the darkness for so long." Legolas took my arms and lead me inside. "I am too, but you need to rest. You had a long journey, rest is appreciated." I chuckled lowly, following him inside. "I agree, tell Gimli not to drink all the wine as I am asleep." He nodded, smiling cheekily as we parted ways.

// Timeskip //

Gimli dared to come into my room to wake me up, I had forgotten that we were going to help Rohan in emptying the city. What made me turn mad for the day was the favor of the king, telling me to go in the same black dress, Théoden knows who I am, and wants me to protect his niece and the woman with children if something happens.

Well excuse me but a dress won't help.

I packed my clothes and food as I put my axe on my back, and I stepped outside the Golden Halls, seeing all the people gathered. I was later found by Gimli, who motioned me to join Gandalf and the others. "By order of the King, the city must empty. We make for the refuge of Helm's Deep. Do not burden yourself with treasures. Take only what provisions you need."

We followed the wizard down to the stables, but Gimli didn't stop complaining about their wishes all the way. "Helm's Deep! They flee to the mountains when they should stand and fight. Who will defend them if not their king?"

"He is only doing what he thinks is best for his people. Helm's Deep has saved them in the past." Aragorn said, trying to calm Gimli for doing anything he shouldn't. "There is no way out than that of a ravine. Théoden is walking into a trap. He thinks he is leading them to safety, but what he'll get is a massacre." I walked next to them as Gandalf went to his horse.

"Théoden has a stronghold but I fear for him. I fear for the survival of Rohan, Gandalf. I can not hold back the bad feeling that this departure will bring." I turned my gaze to Aragorn, who had his eyes fixed on us. "He will need you before the end, Aragorn. The people of Rohan will need you. The defenses have to hold." Gandalf muttered to him.