Chapter 5

-------------------------------------------------    

"Where am I...?" I heard the young hobbit ask in his weak state. I had flown without rest to Rivendell. Frodo had lost consciousness for at least 3 days since we arrived, and Elrond was the one to heal him. In the meantime, I was the one who welcomed the hobbits a day later, accompanied by Aragorn, who smiled upon seeing the happy faces of the hobbits at seeing me after a long time. Aragorn told me about the ringwraiths and the blade that had pierced Frodo's chest.

They know, and they will come after Frodo.

"You are in the House of Elrond." I said as I sat on the bed, Frodo opened his eyes to stare at us. "Miss (Y/N)! Gandalf!" Gandalf let out a chuckle. "Yes, I am here. And you are lucky to be here too. A few more hours and you would have been beyond our aid. But you have some strength in you, my dear hobbit." I helped Frodo to sit up, looking at his skin, I couldn't help but stare. God, he is still so pale.

"What happened...?" The hobbit looked in between us, but his eyes stopped on the wizard. "Why didn't you meet us?" I opened my mouth but Gandalf stopped me, giving Frodo a small smile. "I am sorry, Frodo... I was delayed." There was an uncomfortable silence, and I looked over at the wizard, who has turned tense on his chair. "Gandalf...? What is it?"

"Nothing, Frodo." The door suddenly opened to reveal Sam running at his friend. "Bless you, you're awake." Gandalf smiled at Sam's entrance. "Sam has hardly left your side." The smile on their faces made my heart thump, I love seeing them happy. "We were that worried about you, weren't we, Mr. Gandalf? Miss (Y/N)?" I nodded, checking him for any signs of fever.

"By the skills of Lord Elrond, you're beginning to mend." I said as I turned to see Elrond walking towards the bed, wearing a big smile for his guests. "Welcome to Rivendell, Frodo Baggins."

I helped Frodo to put on clean clothes and once he was ready, he stepped out with Sam to wander around Rivendell. Gandalf and Elrond were waiting for me and I followed them to one of the many balconies of the House, the beauty of the elven house will never stop surprising me. I closed my eyes for a second, feeling the wind, nature, the water, and suddenly I felt her. Arwen. Coming back after many days in the wild. I knew her father wouldn't be happy about this.

I heard laughter nearby, and looking down I saw Frodo and Sam. "His strength returns." Said Elrond, who got me out of my trance. "That wound will never fully heal. He will carry it for the rest of his life." Gandalf is right, we have given him a terrible burden. "And yet, to have come so far still bearing the Ring, the Hobbit has shown extraordinary resilience to its evil." The elf replied as he walked inside the library, but I was certainly not happy about all this.

"It is a burden he should never have had to bear. We can ask no more of Frodo." I said, looking forward. "(Y/N), the enemy is moving. Sauron's forces are massing in the East, his Eye is fixed on Rivendell. And Saruman, you tell me, has betrayed us. Our list of allies grows thin!" I glanced at the elven lord, who had cast his harsh eyes upon me. "His treachery runs deeper than you know."