Chapter 10

(Y/N)...

'(Y/N)...'

'(Y/N)!!!'

I gasped as I opened my eyes, scaring half of the Fellowship. I inhaled and exhaled harshly, not letting my body take a time of peace. Gandalf rushed to me, as does Gimli and Boromir. "How long-- How long have I been gone?" I groaned, gasping for breath while Aragorn helps me to sit. "Only for about 2 minutes, (Y/N)." Replied Gandalf and I sighed in relief.

"I thought... We thought you were dead." Muttered Boromir, caressing my cheek softly. The halflings and Gimli came to me and hugged me, making me smile a little. "The Valar won't let me until I finish my task." I said as I turned to Frodo. "Are you okay?" He nods, suddenly hugging me.

"I'm glad you are alive..." He muttered. "Is it, because of the necklace?" He asked and I grinned. "It has given me some healing powers for myself, but the spear should have made a wound in your body too." I said, making him gulp and everybody look at him. "I think there's more to this Hobbit than meets the eye." Frodo slowly reveals his Mithril shirt, the last time I saw that shirt was at Bilbo's house many years ago.

"Mithril! You are full of surprises, Master Baggins." Said Gimli with a smile, the moment was broken by a horde of Orcs nearing our location. "To the Bridge of Khazad-Dûm!" Boromir and Aragorn helped me to stand and we ran out of the chamber into the large hall of pillars. We are closely pursued by an army of Orcs, others spring out from the floor or crawl, like spiders, from the ceiling and down the pillars. In less than a minute, they surrounded us, drawing their weapons outward in a circle as they snarled at us.

A fiery light appeared at the end of a hall followed by a thunderous rumble, the Orcs, crying in a panic, flee in all directions like insects. Gimli laughed, but all I can do is stare at the end of the hall as I put the axe on my back again.

We are left alone in silence.

"What is this new devilry?" Boromir mutters, nor I or Gandalf answer for a moment and I step in front of everyone until Aragorn stops me

"What is this new devilry?" Boromir mutters, nor I or Gandalf answer for a moment and I step in front of everyone until Aragorn stops me. Gandalf closes his eyes, concentrating. The rumble is heard again, and the wizard opens his eyes. "A Balrog... A demon of the ancient world."

"Durin's Bane... We need to go. NOW." I whispered, making Gimli gasp and stand next to me. It growls, still hidden around a corner of the vast hall, throwing fiery light on the pillars. "The only one who could kill this beast is (Y/N)... But it would be hell even for her... RUN!" We enter a passageway and goes down a flight of steps and the flight ends in a missing segment, with Boromir nearly falling, but Legolas pulling him back.

"Gandalf!" Screams Aragorn, making me glance back. "Lead them on, Aragorn! The bridge is near!" We look across a wide space to a long bridge spanning the gap between a hall and a cliff face. Away behind us, the Balrog roars again. Aragorn moves towards Gandalf, but the wizard pushes him roughly away from him. "Do as I say!" Hurt and confusion register on Aragorn's face. "Swords are no more use here!" The Balrog roars once again as they descend a flight of massive stairs, my time on foot was over. I flew over to the other side of a stair gap. Legolas leaps and lands next to me.