Chapter 7

2 months passed since the Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring is almost ready to set out, and I mean almost because everyone was sparsed around Rivendell. Meanwhile, I was in my chambers, putting on a new outfit the elves had made for me, it has been a long time since I saw myself going out on a quest again. My tattoos were on display for everyone now, starting to appear on my skin, simple trick magic that Arwen taught me.

I looked at myself in the mirror. This hunter outfit is not as revealing as the previous ones, tho I remained with my long boots. I remembered the times I looked like a guy when I was young, I did not care for what people thought about me until Dís started controlling me since I married her son, and I got a lot more on my feminine side than ever.

I sighed and took a big bedsheet from under the bed, I opened it slowly to reveal my old axe, it was just like I remember, big with a dark shine, nostalgia hit me, and I put it on my back and got out of the room. I watched the architecture from Rivendell one last time, I knew I wouldn't return when the journey ends, not this time.

And it made me remember the conversation I had with Arwen last night.

"You are going with them!" The she-elf said as she walked to me in an almost rushed way. "Why didn't you tell me...?" I didn't have an excuse, not this time. "I am sorry, Arwen... But I have to go even if I don't want to."

"The Valar will take your soul when Frodo destroys the ring!" I turned, shocked at her sudden burst. "And you tell me you didn't planned to say goodbye...?" Tears were showing in her blue eyes, making me regret not saying anything.

"I'm just as scared as you are. But they will take me even if the ring isn't destroyed, I know that from the bottom of my soul. I am connected with Sauron since I was born, Arwen. I cannot stop faith."

"I'm not asking you to stop faith... But this is the last time I will see you, hug you, talk to you... (Y/N) I... I love you, my dear cousin..." I smiled softly. "I love you too Arwen... I promise I won't let anything hurt him..." She hugged me tighter than she ever had.

"And I promise I will watch over you when I'm gone..."

I cleaned the falling tears. It was too much for me to handle right now, I wasn't even here for about 3 weeks, I always wondered if everyone's okay. I didn't have time to speak much with Legolas or Gimli, but maybe I will have the opportunity before sadness consumes us. Because it will, it always does.

I finally reached the gateway of Rivendell, where everyone already was. The elves, Gandalf, Aragorn and Legolas bowed at my arrival while the others only stared at my change of attire, and I wanted to smile at them, but knowing this is a serious matter, I will not bring out any joy for the time being. "The ringbearer is setting out on the quest of Mount Doom. On you who travel with him, no oath nor bond is laid to go further than you will."

"Farewell, hold to your purpose. May the blessings of elves, men and all free folk go with you." I lowered my head and motioned the elves a farewell. "The fellowship awaits the ringbearer." Frodo turned around and started walking out from Rivendell slowly. " Gandalf, (Y/N). Is it left or right...?" Frodo whispered to us. "Left." Both I and the wizard replied.

While they kept going, I stopped and looked behind. Elrond nodded at me and gave me a sad smile, while Arwen was staring at Aragorn and then locked her eyes on mine.

I closed my eyes and let a tear fall, before returning to Gandalf's side once again. We crossed the bridge and began our path towards the Misty Mountains, everything was so quiet for almost an hour, I almost didn't answer Gandalf's questions. "Do you remember (Y/N)?"

"If I do, I thought I would kill myself when I jumped off that cliff..." I earned a small chuckle from the wizard as the others looked at us with confusion. "But then you flew." He said again. "Then I flew, and my days at riding horses were over." Both of us chuckled again. "You two are really good friends." Sam said, making me turn.