Chapter 17

What did this mean?!

Amber could not get herself to say anything- she was too paralyzed by her reflection.

She ran out of Joel arms and pressed her face close against the mirror. Her eyes were a deep, rich, and dark purple.  ..And she was still craving that blood.

She felt Joel brush her hair back and this caused her to peer back at him.

"They're beautiful, aren't they?"

"B...beautiful? This is...terrifying! I'm a....vampire?!"

Joel rubbed her back in clear attempts to calm her. "You know that you already knew the truth, Amber. The signs were too obvious."

Amber hesitated. She knew he was right, but there were still many questions. "But why...why did Luna drink from me? Don't you only drink from humans?"

"She bit you?!" Joel seemed taken aback.

Amber nodded and cocked her head to make the two holes visible.

"Oh man," remarked Joel. "You okay?"

"Yeah, thanks," she quickly said, too impatient to get answers than talk about other things.

Joel cleared his throat. "Well you see," Joel began as he removed his hand from her back, "you're only half-vampire. And...I cannot explain why it is that way."

"Half-vampire..." Amber repeated. "Okay. And you can't explain because you don't know or..." She trailed off, expecting him to finish her sentence. 

Joel rubbed the back of his neck. "I just don't think I can tell you yet. I've already told enough by doing this."

Amber flailed her arms. "So what? I just get a limited amount of information on who I am?!" Amber was getting mad again...and she herself even knew that when she was mad, almost anything could happen.

"Amber, I'm sorry. You'll find out soon enough. Don't worry."

Amber heard a familiar voice suddenly calling out her name from outside the bathroom they stood in. "Gah...Luna wants me."

Joel suddenly had a worried expression. "But you're eyes...they're still purple!"

Amber turned to face the mirror once more. She was shocked to see that he was right. "Are they going to change back?!"

Luna's voice once more ripped through the house and caused Amber to burst in a run to find her mistress.