Chapter 57

"I don't get what's going on between you two," Lucy stated before taking a bite of her spaghetti. "I just know something is."

Amber frowned. Lucy had bogged her with questions on what her and Hailey were doing. She knew she should have expected them, and she did. But that did not mean she wanted them. She had enough stress on her plate without Lucy's addition.

"There's nothing going on between us," Amber told her in a casual tone.

"Well guess what?" Lucy told her. Amber looked up to stare at her, but did not guess anything. "I don't believe you," Lucy said with a sarcastic smile.

Amber almost flipped the girl off. This was really getting old; her being in her business and such. Lunch finally came to an end, as did the awkward silence which filled their table for the rest of the ten minutes.

Amber was then just in a bad mood for the rest of the day. She was absolutely sick of this constant stress and negativity. She just wanted her old, simple life back.

It looked as if nothing was going to be simple, though, as it was now the end of the day. Amber wasn't quite sure how she felt on going to see Hailey. She wanted to talk to her so bad, but wasn't sure if the woman was seriously upset with her because of what had happened before.

Amber took a breath and held it as she entered Hailey's classroom. She found it to be empty, but the lights were on and the door was open. She went and took a seat at the closest desk to the door, figuring she would wait for her teacher.

As she waited, she could feel her leg shaking out of nerves. She was afraid their relationship had been effected by earlier. Amber was so frustrated with herself. She could never make a good relationship with anyone last. She always destroyed them...Always.

Hailey was then suddenly at the door, startling Amber.

She gasped lightly and stared at the woman, who held no expression on her face. Hailey sharply turned to slam the door shut, then turned back just as sharply to glare at Amber.

Amber began to fear the chance of loosing her life as she stared at Hailey, who was doing a wonderful job of intimidating her just by looking at her.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She growled, taking a step closer to Amber.

Amber cowered in the desk she sat in. "I'm...I'm sorry, Hailey. I just got so furious."

"Do you seriously have absolutely no control over your emotions or actions?!" She roared.

Amber wished she would keep her voice down in case someone heard them. "I said I was sorry. Damn!"

Hailey stared at Amber for a moment before sucking on her teeth. "I know. It was just...embarrassing."

Amber bit on her lip but did not speak a word as she slid even further in her seat. She knew it really must have been embarrassing, but it was not all her fault. She kept her eyes pinned to the desk, and when Hailey stayed quiet, Amber finally peered up at the woman.

She stood with a finger on her chin as her eyes rested on Amber's. As they stared at each other, the necklace jumped into Amber's mind. She needed to mention it.

"Hailey, I...I have something to tell you," she softly stated.

"You can tell me after you clean all the desks," Hailey told her as she scanned over the empty classroom desks.

Amber scowled. Hailey rarely even made her do actual work when she met her after school. But with the way Hailey was now looking at her, she knew this was one time that she would be working.