Chapter 75

..................................................

The end of this chapter includes sexual content, so beware.. ;3 

...................................................

One week had passed, and Amber was beginning to question whether or not her father was actually coming. She didn't know what "soon" was supposed to mean, but she had imagined him coming in a few days. Maybe Hailey had meant months.

It was Friday, and after walking to school once more, she had asked Hailey that very question. Her teacher didn't seem to have an answer to give her, though. She told Amber she only knew he planned on coming, whenever that might be.

She now sat in Hailey's classroom, dumbfounded by the lesson. She hadn't been paying Hailey a tad of attention during class, but it wasn't just her she was blocking out. All of her grades had been dropping and while she sat in every class, her mind refused to focus. It would always run off to Luna and her father.

The bell rang to temporarily end Amber's confusion.

Without being asked to stay, Amber went to Hailey's desk. She had thought of something before and wanted to question her abut it. Plus, she hadn't been able to speak with her in the mornings much due to her being late all the time. Walking to school everyday had become miserable, and she just never had the energy to speed up her pace. Amber should have already finished all her assigned detentions, but she still missed seeing Hailey in the mornings.

The class emptied out and Hailey stood from her seat with a small smile. "Babe, why don't you ever come in the mornings anymore?" She asked as if she had heard Amber's thoughts from a second ago.

Amber sighed. She didn't want to tell her that she was being forced to walk to school. She knew Hailey would freak, and she had already cause the girl so much stress. "Luna just doesn't wake up early enough to get me here..."

Hailey gently frowned as she made her way around the desk to stand before Amber. She thought Hailey was going to sag something, but when she didn't, Amber did.

"Luna is a demon," she softly said.

Hailey slowly nodded with a blank expression.

"Why wouldn't you tell me?" Amber wondered why Hailey didn't feel the need to mention the small detail to her.

Hailey's face finally showed signs of recognition and understanding. "I thought you already knew."

"Well I didn't!" Amber snapped.

Hailey folded her arms. "How did you not know?"

Amber hadn't mentioned the details about running away. She hadn't told Hailey about what Luna had done with the trees. But how was she suppose to know?!

"Well it wasn't that obvious!" Amber fought. She didn't get why Hailey wouldn't just tell her.

Hailey pursed her lips. "I don't want to argue right now, Amber."

Amber stared at her for a moment. She wasn't looking to fight, and she didn't want to either, but she felt she needed to address the matter.

The silence had become quite awkward, and neither girl knew what to say. "I...I have to get to class," Amber brought up so she could get out of the situation. She honestly didn't mean to cause any type of tension or disagreement, she only wanted an explanation. But she truly did need to get to class, and she knew she could see Hailey after school.

Her girlfriend leaned in and the two exchanged a soft, tender kiss. Their relationship was complicated, but Amber knew once this mess wasn't so terrible, that they would figure something out.