45

"Kai do you want the jello shots blue or yellow?" Beomgyu asked Kai. Beomgyu and Yeonjun were making jello shots along with jungle juice, mixed drinks, and god knows what else.

"Umm.. both?" Kai questioned if he could have that. Beomgyu and Yeonjun exchanged a look.

"Okay" Beomgyu says. Kai smiles at his friends and leaves to go find Soobin. He checked the main living room and didn't find his boyfriend, so he went to the back yard. Soobin was no where to be seen, but he did find San and Taehyun.

Taehyun was hanging neon lights around the fence and San was blowing balloons.

It was decided that Kai birthday party would be held in the backyard only. This would make it easier to clean up and manage.

"Hey San, do you need help?" Kai asked his friend as he walked up to him.

"No need" San said dryly.

"I'm still gonna help!" Kai takes a seat next to San on the ground and grabs a balloon and starts blowing them up and tying them.

"It's your birthday party, you shouldn't do anything" San says.

"But its so boring not doing anything! I feel useless" Kai whines.

"Do what you want then" San lets Kai do whatever he wishes.

Kai notices that San is more quiet than usual. The younger boy wonders why but didn't dwell on it too long because just then Soobin walks into the backyard.

...

"I don't know, don't you think it's too flashy?" Kai eyed his outfit in the mirror; chosen by Taehyun. Him and Jimin has similar taste in style. Expensive.

"I think you look really good" Yeonjun says

"I think you look really good" Yeonjun says. Beomgyu gets a little salty over the comment but doesn't let it show. The couple were sitting next to each other on the couch, and after Yeonjun says his comment he wraps his arms around Beomgyu and attacks him in kisses for a moment.

"You're worrying again" Soobin says as he fixes Kais jacket.

"It's only natural" Kai defends himself.

"Well stop. Have more confidence in yourself" Soobin kisses Kai on his cheek. The younger boy turns to his friend San who was idly standing by watching in silence.

"What do you think San?" He asks his friend.

'I think Soobin doesn't deserve you' he thinks

"It looks good" San says and looks away. He stuffed his hands deep in his pockets.

"TONIGHT IS GOING TO BE A NIGHT TO REMEMBER! WOOO!" Beomgyu stands up and screams at the top of his lungs. His fists high in the air.

...

Kais worst fear ended up not happening. He couldn't believe how much people turned up to his birthday party.

The music was loud and everybody was jumping around having a good time. Huening Kai was thankful that his birthday party hadn't been filled with cliche drunk teens making out on every corner.