31

"Jimin, I found this in the trash-"

"Because that's where it belongs. In the trash." Jimin said while writing the inventory of the store down. A pair of gold eye glasses resting on the bridge of his nose.

"but it has your name on it" Kai added

"Okay"

"It's wrapped so pretty! at least open it" Jimin didn't even bother looking at the present again; he was worried that he'd cave in and keep it. Keeping a gift from Namjoon would mean he forgave him- at least in Namjoons eyes thats what it meant.

"You can keep it if you don't want it thrown away that bad" Jimin snapped and rushed off to his office in the back of the store. He shut the door behind him and locked it; not wanting to be disturbed. Kai turned to look at Soobin, who had watched the whole ordeal play out without saying a word.

"Is he okay?" Kai asked Soobin while walking around the counter to stand next to him.

"That gift was from Namjoon," Soobin informed, making Kai slouch his shoulders from guilt.

"O-oh, I shouldn't have said anything.."

"It's okay, he knows you meant well" Kai fidgeted with the gift in his hands. The bow had fallen off in the trash but the wrapping was still intact. He really wanted to ask the reason for the hostility towards Namjoon and the others, but Kai feels like it's too soon to ask about it. He doesn't think either Jimin or Soobin are ready to talk about it.

"Well, I'll keep it just in case he changes his mind" Soobin smiled at his boyfriend. He reached out and ran his hand through Kai's hair, making it messy.

"You deserve all the happiness in the world," Soobin said sincerely; his hand still on top of Kai's head. The younger boy felt his heart warm up. It was then that Soobin realized how close he was to Kai, and although the two had been in each other's lives for two seasons already, he still found himself shying away at times when Kai was close. Soobin took his hand off of Kai's head and shyly tucked his hands behind his back.

The front doors chimed opened, and inside a girl walks in. She had long black hair reaching her waist; parted down the middle. Blue high waisted denim shorts, a black crop top, and a pretty face to wrap it all up.

"Hi Soobin" She smiled sweetly.

"Hey, Yeji" Soobin smiled back. Yeji made her way to the back of the store where the drinks were held. The time it took for her to grab her drink and pay for it were filled with silence. The only sounds were the scanner when ringing up her Powerade.

"Thank you, i'll see you later" She smiled at Soobin.

"Yeah, bye Yeji" Soobin said in a friendly tone. Her eyes met with Kai's momentarily. The two exchanging cold stares, and then she left. The doorbells jingling behind her.

Soobin is oblivious to the fact that Kai is upset.

"So, who was she?" Kai asked while running his fingers on the wrapping paper of the gift.

"Yeji? we went to school together" Soobin answered.

"You seemed like good friends"

"I guess so, we were in the same class for years. When I was in a gang she was one of the girls who hung around us"

"Ah I see... she's really pretty" Soobin raised a brow; confused.

"Uh, yeah, I guess so"

"SO YOU THINK SHE'S PRETTIER THAN ME!" Kai slammed the present on top of the counter; he flinched once he realized what he did and silently prayed that he didn't ruin whatever was inside, but he kept his focus on his boyfriend.