9

Huening Kai is too oblivious for his own good. The 17-year-old boy was at the market buying ingredients to make cake; and Soobin came along because well... because he wanted to.

"It's going to be purple and have Stars on it- oh you should invite Taehyun over!"

"I'll give him an invite," Soobin said while eyeing the crowd suspiciously. He knew they were being watched, but why? The older of the two absentmindedly ran his tongue over his multiple lip piercings. They were probably the cause of the unwanted attention.

"Tell him if he doesn't come to my End of Winter Break Party then I'll be sad." Huening pouted slightly while he picked up some purple icing off the shelves.

"He'll definitely be there" Soobin would drag Taehyun by the hair if he had to. After all, Huening Kai is working so hard to make this party, Soobin would know because he's been next to Kai throughout the whole planning process that took almost three weeks (mostly it took that long because Huening Kai is a procrastinator)

"Soobin, this party is really important to me because you're going to finally meet my brother" Soobins eyes widened slightly.

"H-He's coming home?" Huenings eyes like up with excitement.

"Yes! he's been gone for nine whole months! but he's finally coming back today and all my favorite boys will finally be in the same city again!"

"Am I one of those favorite boys?"

"You're my favorite of the favorites" If Huening didn't have to stand on his tippy toes, then he would have kissed Soobin on the cheek, but instead he just gently patted the older on the cheek fondly. This was enough to make Soobin melt.

"Whats he like?" Soobin asked Huening. He knew about Huenings older brother, but never really asked about him.

"He's strong, and big, and loves food and cooks the yummiest meals! He should have opened a restaurant instead of a flower shop." Huening felt happiness bubbling up in his stomach at the thought of his brother finally returning. Soobin eyed the basket that Huening was holding.

"Hey, give me that" He pointed at the basket. Huening shoved the basket into Soobins arms without questions asked.

"Soobin look! there are sprinkles!"

...

Are you sure thats not heavy?" Huening asked Soobin during their walk home from the store. The two put their cake ingredients in an unused backpack they brought along. Soobin was the one who had it on.

"No, I'm fine" Huening shrugged and went back to licking his ice cream cone. Mint Chocolate chips.

"I didn't know you liked Mint Chocolate" Soobin said.

"I don't, but Yeonjun loves it. I've been eating so much ice cream lately and i never bring any for my hyungs, so I decided that i'll eat their favorite flavors for them"

"Why would you do that?" Huening shrugged.

"It makes me feel closer to them." The sun had long set, and the only people on the streets were hurrying home.

"A-AH Kai, I gotta pee"

"Okay, go in that alley and i'll wait here" Soobin nodded.

"Okay, i'll be right back. don't move!"

"Okay, capt'n" Soobin disappeared into an alleyway, leaving Huening alone under the streetlight where he shoved the rest of his ice cream into his mouth and scarfed it down. Almost immediately, trouble followed.

"Are you a girl or a boy?" an arm suddenly wrapped around his shoulders. The smell of alcohol making him freeze.

"I'm a boy, stupid" Huening Kai tried to pull away but the drunk man tightened his grip slightly.

"Really? but you smell like a girl" His nose touched Huenings cheek, and that was enough to set the boy off. Huening Kai jerks his elbow back into the mans ribcage, making the man let go and cold his ribcage in pain.

Soobin was on his way back from peeing, when he returned to where he left Kai, he found his crush roundhouse kicking a man. He thought Huening Kai looked so cool and tough; it actually made Soobins heart ache. The man was crawling away cowardly; Huening Kai turned to look at Soobin. The younger smiled and flipped his hair out of his forehead.

"Hi Binnie!"

"D-Did he hurt you?"

"No, he just touched me-"

"Touched you?!" Soobin was suddenly alarmed.

"Yeah, but it's no big deal, I han- woah where are you going?" Huening watched in confusion as Soobin stomped over to the man. The pierced boy turned the man around and started punching him in his face. Huening was stunned for a moment; his eyes traveled to Soobins face. He looked like he was going to kill the man.

"Soobin, thats enough!"

"He touched you!" Soobin was furious. He only left for a few minutes and Huening Kai was already being prayed on by strange older men. Huening Kai is his, and anyone who thinks they could touch him was going to die.

Huening was afraid for the man. He didn't want the man dead! the younger let his instincts take over.Huening pressed his chest against Soobins back and wrapped his arms around the older waist. Soobin immediately let go of the man's shirt. He looked down at the bleeding man, and then at the arms wrapped around him. He jerked away from Kai, not wanting someone as precious as him to touch a monster. Soobin fucked up. He let his past self take over in front of Huening.

"Are you okay?" Huening asked Soobin.

"I'm sorry"

"Why?"

"I'm a monster, you shouldn't get near me" Soobin tried running away, he turned and was a few steps away when Huening called out.

"Don't leave me here alone" Soobin was aware that he had to do whatever Huening asked, and deep down, even Huening knew too.

"I-I'm a monster, I'm evil and-r" Huening suddenly felt cold and wrapped his arms around Soobin. The warm body of the other warming up the youngest.

"How can someone evil be this warm?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

WE HAVE OVER 100 VOTES?!? AND ONLY 8 CHAPTERS (excluding this one)

AHHH THANK YOU SO MUCH YALL

I'll work really hard to make a book you all will hopefully kinda like /.\ ALSO Huenings brother will appear very soon! oooooooo NOW THE STORY REALLY BEGINS

Stay warm ! <33333