22

Soobin stood outside of Kai's school gates. He had gotten out of class early today and came to surprise his boyfriend.

boyfriend

Soobin still couldn't believe that Huening was his boyfriend. He felt stupid for not asking sooner, but he didn't dwell on his regret for much longer. He nervously spun the yellow rose between his index finger and thumb.

Today there was no special occasion

Today there was no special occasion. Soobin just thought that the yellow rose was pretty and wanted to give it to Kai. He sort of felt bad for stealing it from someone's garden, but he decided that they probably would have wanted Kai to have the rose if they knew him.

Finally, students began pouring out of the school gates. Soobin waited anxiously as he kept an eye out for his favorite boy.The beforementioned felt his heart tighten; he hadn't seen his boyfriend all morning and really wanted to see Kai. What can he say? he's whipped and isn't ashamed to admit it.

"Binnie!" Kai shoved through the crowd of students and ran towards Soobin while waving one arm high in the air enthusiastically. There was a smile spread across his face that Soobin believed should be hung in a museum- well, he actually would have to think about that. He wasn't sure if he wanted to share this masterpiece with anyone else.

"How was your day?" Soobin asked when Huening stopped in front of him. He held out the rose after answering his question. Kai's wide smile turned into a soft one.

"It was good. Is this for me? why?"

"Its beautiful like you" Huening giggled and stood up on his toes t peck Soobins cheek, but Soobin decided quickly that he didn't want a kiss on his cheek- he wanted a real kiss. The older quickly turned his head and pecked Kai's lips.

"S-Soobin" Huening covered his mouth with the rose, attempting to hide his blush, but failed and ended up just looking cute.

"Yes, my love?" Soobin laced his fingers with Huening's.

"Do you know what today is?"

"No, what is it?"

"It's the first day of spring! we have to go celebrate!" Soobin raised a brow.

"Celebrate what?" Kai rolled his eyes and sighed playfully.

"Celebrate our first spring together" Soobin smiled.

"Then, shall we get ice cream?" Huening shook his head 'no'

"Hot Chocolate!"

...

Soobin didn't question when Huening suggested hot chocolate. Yes, he was surprised that his boyfriend suddenly changed his snack preference from ice cream to hot chocolate, but if Kai wanted it then Soobin would give it to him.

"Two hot chocolates please with extra marshmallows," Huening said to the cashier. The boy behind the register gave Kai a questioning look for ordering a drink that was supposed to be for the cold, but Soobin gave him a dangerous look that told the cashier to give Huening what he wanted or there would be trouble.