43

"Beomgyu is everything okay between you and Yeonjun hyung?" Kai asked during lunch one day. The school was back in session and they were lucky enough to have lunch together.

"Yes! why would anything be wrong?" Beomgyu answered as he nervously picked at his ramen with his bear-themed chopsticks.

"Well, you seem to be avoiding him"

"pshhhh! no! I would never!" Beomgyu waved his hand trying to dismiss the situation while laughing. Kai didn't seem convinced. His eyes unimpressed and his mouth in a straight line. His stare made Beomgyu sweat.

"Why did you run out of the kitchen this morning when he walked in then?"

"I didn't want to be late to school"

"What about game board night? you usually team up with him but this time you teamed up with me" Kai recalled the night. Beomgyu had basically forced Kai to team up with him causing Soobin and Yeonjun to have to be on a team. Neither of the two was happy about it.

"I just wanted to help you win for once since you suck" Kai didn't like that his friends were fighting. He knew his friends well and neither would make the first move to make up so (as usual) it was up to Huening Kai to solve the situation...

but he's going to need some help...

...

"I'm sure you're all wondering why I gathered you here today" Kai stared at the three boys in front of him; Soobin, Taehyun, and San.

"I heard there would be cheez-itz" Taehyun spoke up.

"I asked Jungkook Hyung to pick some up from the store when he returns"

Kai had brought all his friends together (besides Yeonjun and Beomgyu of course) to resolve the situation together. The three boys were seated on the couch in one of the living rooms of the mansion. Next to Kai was a whiteboard covered in white cloth.

"-SO as you may know, Beomgyu and Yeonjun got in a fight. We are here to fix it... gentlemen, I present you-" Kai takes off the cloth dramatically "- OPERATION BEOMJUN" He says proudly. Soobin and San were the only ones who clapped while Taehyun stared at the whiteboard with a confused look. It was blank.

"What's the plan?" San asked Kai.

"Ahh... actually that's why I brought you three here."

so that's how Operation Beomjun began. It proved harder than expected. Beomgyu avoid Yeonjun like he had the plague.

The first plan: Movie night

Kai set up a moving night in the living room. Throughout the movie Team, SSTK (Soobin, San, Taehyun, Kai) would subtly leave the room subtly, making excused that they had to go home, they were tired, or needed to use the restroom.

The four peaked into the living room to check their process. Beomgyu was sitting on the opposite end of the couch away from Yeonjun. The two stared at the screen but it was obvious neither was paying attention to the movie. Eventually, Beomgyu got up and left.

The second plan: Cat and Dog

San and Soobin gathered cats and dogs from the area and put them in Beomgyu and Yeonjuns room. The idea was that the two boys had to work together to get the animals out of the room and eventually makeup, but Yeonjun didn't seem to mind the animals and actually played with them. Beomgyu didn't enter the room once.

The third plan: Walk home

Kai told Yeonjun to pick him up after school. They agreed to meet at the school gates. The trick? Kai told beomgyu to meet him by the gates after school so that they could walk home together. Kai wasn't going to show up and hopefully, the two would walk home together. The second Beomgyu saw Yeonjun he turned around and took a long way home.