•9•

When I wake up the next morning and look next to me a big smile comes on my face. This is all very new to me but waking up next to Chloe cheers me up. I haven't told her everything. I wanted to tell her last night but I couldn't. I know it's not right to keep that part a secret to her but I'm afraid of losing her if she knows what I did to people. I'm not nice when people need to get hurt. I can see our conversation clearly when I think back to last night.  

Flashback

Chloe and I are lying on her bed with no one home. Her mother is doing something important at her office so it's just me and Chloe tonight but my head's with the conversation I have to do.

,,Are you okay?" Chloe locks her eyes with me while playing with my hand.

,,I don't know."

,,What's wrong?"

,,I have to tell you something but I'm afraid what you may think about it."

,,That doesn't sound good." I sigh and play with my hands. ,,You know what?" I look at Chloe. ,,You don't have to tell me yet, let's just enjoy ourselves okay?"

,,But I want you to know."

,,Another time, I want to spend as much time as we can with you now we're alone." I nod and lie down facing her. ,,Hey Becs, can I ask you another question?"

,,Sure."

,,You have a big scar on your hand. What happened?"

,,It's silly actually. I was digging with my sister on the beach and there was a broken bottle near where I was. There is no deep story behind this." Chloe smiles. ,,What about your little scar on your forehead?" Chloe keeps quiet and I'm afraid I asked something wrong. She doesn't seem to like the question. ,,Are you okay?" I ask even tho I know the answer already.

,,My father." She says and I raise my eyebrow. She looks at me and sees I don't understand. ,,I was ten the last time I saw him. He blamed me for his separation from my mom."

,,I'm so sorry." I lay my hand on her back.

,,Don't be. We are better now." She sighs deeply to shake away the sad feeling. ,,Anyway, how do you feel? Still having a bad day?" Yesterday I heard that Patrick knows we're not in Australia and that he's on his way back so I was stressed out.

,,I'm fine now, thanks to you." I intertwine my hand with hers. ,,Chlo?"

,,Hmm?" I love you... but I don't dare to say it yet.

,,Nothing, let's get some sleep." She smiles and closes her eyes.

,,Night, Becs." She says and I kiss her forehead.

End of flashback

Chloe ended up sleeping quickly after that but I couldn't. I should have told her about me and what I did but I couldn't. I need some advice. I quietly leave the bed and get dressed while making a note saying where I'm going. I leave the note on my pillow and leave. I know I shouldn't leave Chloe like this but I can't be with her and lie. I get inside our dorm room, only to find Connor and Miley already awake.

,,How did it go?" Miley asks me immediately. ,,How did she react?"

,,I didn't tell her."

,,What?!" Connor looks at me surprisingly. ,,Why not?"

,,I couldn't. She told me that I didn't have to tell her. She just wanted to enjoy our time together. I'm not sure if it was the right time tho, Chloe means everything to me and if she knows what I did– well, she's going to hate me."