•34•

Two weeks have passed by so fast and I've been losing my mind slowly. I can't look at them, any of them. Especially Stacie. Just thinking I could've lost her. It's all my fault, every damn thing that's happened. With every bad thing that's happened the past few months or was it weeks, I don't know anymore. All my thoughts are jumbled, one big chaotic clutter screwed up mess. I slam my fists harder after each memory flash in my mind. Each word that flows down my brow as tension keeps building in my burning muscles. I'm screaming on the inside but no single sound comes out of me. Only the sounds of each punch that's being put on the punching bag. I went for a run at two o'clock this morning, I ran until I couldn't run any further, but I got up and ran home like hell was chasing me. I let myself stop and sit down to catch my breath and give my muscles rest. Only five seconds!  I tell myself while sipping at my water bottle. While I'm on this five-second break, I hear fuss coming from behind the door to the gym. Knowing I have locked the door so that they can't come in, I listen to mumbled words. I ignore it after a few seconds and turn up the music in the room, so loud that I can't hear the voices anymore. 

Chloe's point of view

I've been walking to the gym because I wanted to talk to Beca but Brody stopped me, saying that she needs time to process and I understand that, but it wasn't her fault. That psycho set the house on fire. She couldn't have predicted their every move. She's smart and methodical, but she can't be everywhere at once, she's only human. I'm not doubting that she's done everything to protect us, she's done an extraordinary job at it. I've decided that I'm going to do my part today, to make her job at least a bit lighter to carry. So me and the Bellas are going to the salon to get my hair dyed. It might help with laying low, it will help even if it's for a little bit, right? Me and the Bellas are walking down to the salon from our new house, which by the way is just gorgeous. Beca really has a great eye for real estate. 

As we are walking there is this inkling in the back of my mind saying that we are being watched, but when I look around, I see nothing so I let it go

,,So should we all dye our hair?" Emily asks.

,,It's possible but I think Chloe has to do it." Explains Amy. ,,She is Beca's girlfriend, which means she has a target on her back. Every enemy of Beca knows that Chloe has ginger hair, so to fool them it's safe to change it." 

,,I know you're right and I will change the color but I'm not sure which color." 

,,We will find out at the salon." Aubrey put an arm around me. 

,,It's a great effort you're making, Chloe." Says Flo. ,,I mean, you love your ginger hair."

,,Yeah but I love Beca more." 

,,Damn, I wish I had a girlfriend as dedicated as you are to Beca." 

,,You'll find someone, Cynthia." I reassure her and she smiles, while telling me she hopes so.