6. Just pick one

(Y/N) POV

It was still early when I got back home so I decided to continue to meditate. As usual, nothing happened, but I did feel very relaxed. I had at least 6 hours before Uncle came home, so I cleaned the house, showered, read, and took a long nap, all before starting dinner. Uncle Zawa came in around 6:30, just as I was plating our food.

"Thank fucking Christ." I hear him say as he walks in. "I was so worried you weren't going to cook." I laugh as he comically throws himself down on a bar stool.

"Such a drama queen!" Screams another voice from the doorway. "You should have heard this little baby piggy crying all the way home!" Uncle Zawa groans and smacks his head down on the counter.

"Uncle Zashi!" I yell happily. "I was hoping you'd be here for dinner, I made you a plate!" I set the plates in front of the two men and make my way around the counter to join them on a stool. As I come around, I notice a small case on the floor by Uncle Zawa. They see me looking and grin at each other.

"Eat," Uncle Zawa orders. "I'll show you after dinner."

For whatever reason, I can barely contain my excitement. They didn't even say it was for me, but I still devour my food in record time. I stare at them both unblinkingly, while they slowly eat their meals. When Uncle Zawa starts literally moving in slow motion, I have an urge to speed him up a little, but his eyes flash red before I can even fully consider it.

"Don't," he growls at me and deactivates his own quirk.

"Then let me see it!" When they don't answer, I start to get dramatic. "Come on Aizawa, WHAT'S IN THE BOOOX?!" Uncle Zashi was confused, but Zawa grins slightly at my poor attempt at quoting one of his favorite films.

"Fine!" He says, giving in. "Take it to your room and open it up." I thought this was an odd order but didn't argue. Grabbing the case, I run to my room, throw it on my bed, and fling open the top. Inside is a small pamphlet labeled instructions and underneath this is a lot of black fabric. It only takes a second for my brain to connect the dots, a hero costume!!

I pull out the various pieces of fabric while reviewing the instructions. It's a good thing it came with a manual, because the top is unlike anything I have ever seen. It is a skintight, long sleeved, and very cropped top, but attached to it is about 5 meters of thin black fabric, similar to Uncle's scarf, and ending in a 10 pound weight. According to the instructions, the extra fabric is to wrap about my exposed midriff, once down and back up again, the remainder to go around my neck like a scarf. My guess is this would be used the same way as Uncle Zawa's, but mine had to be worn differently because of my size. The pants are also black and made of a thin but sturdy cloth. They are slightly loose everywhere but the waist and ankles where they cling tightly, ensuring they will stay in place. The shoes are nothing more than thin pieces of black leather, with reinforced soles that rest just under or over the cuffs of my pants and hug my feet. The last bit of fabric is a black mesh face mask that is to be worn over my mouth and nose and tied at the back of my head. My eyes water slightly at the thought of Uncle Zawa taking time out of his day to design and order this for me.

Well, it was more likely Hizashi that designed it...

I put my hair up in a bun at the top of my head and dress as quickly as I can. The shirt takes a minute to figure out, but once I am dressed, I feel bad ass. I know I look like a little ninja. I'm just about to leave my room and show off how great my new costume is when I see I missed something in the case. A small black utility belt. I clip it on, fitting it snugly to my hips and hooking the thigh clasp on my right leg, realizing this is for my baton. I also notice that my belt is pre-stocked with two knives, some cord, a lighter, and a very small supply of first aid essentials. I am overwhelmed. How had this even happened? How could so many wonderful things have happened in such a short time?