33. Awkward

(Y/N) POV

It was another few hours before I had enough energy to sit up in bed and another hour after that before I could stand on my own. Katsuki used my immobility and the fact that he hadn't been home in days as legitimate excuses to avoid me. Something I wasn't entirely unhappy about. I was, again, mad at myself for allowing something like this to happen, something that could cost me everything. But right now, I'm too embarrassed and ashamed to try and sort it out. My phone buzzes on my bedside table, and I check it for the first time since yesterday morning. I sigh at the amount of notifications.

I have two missed calls from Shoto from yesterday when he was trying to find me and a few texts from both yesterday and today.

Shoto: I'm sorry if I pushed you too far. I didn't mean to pressure you.

Shoto: At least let me know that you are alright when you aren't too busy with Bakugo.

Shoto: I'm trying really hard to believe you, but it's difficult when you are both absent.

Shoto: Mr. Aizawa told me what happened last night. I am so sorry. I was being selfish and jealous. Just message me whenever you are rested enough.

A new wave of guilt washes through me at Shoto's texts. I had lied to him and then... Did I cheat on him? It felt like I did. I hold in my tears as I respond.

Me: Hi Shoto. I'm sorry for not messaging you last night or sooner today. I haven't been myself.

Me: I'll be back in school tomorrow. If you want to have lunch with me, maybe we can talk then?

I have over a dozen messages from the girls at school, all asking me if I'm alright and Mina making jokes about Katsuki being absent as well. I send them all a generic, 'thanks for checking in' message and look through the rest. I have a handful of missed calls from my uncles and Katsuki from last night and finally three texts from Katsuki last night, and one from just now.

Hot Stuff: I'm sorry, Cupcake. Please come back.

Hot Stuff: You know I would never keep something from you, but this is different.

Hot Stuff: I'm getting really fucking worried. You need to come home. Please.

Hot Stuff: Hey.

I smile a little. I may still feel awkward, but I hate not talking to him.

Me: Hey, Hot Stuff.

Hot Stuff: How are you feeling?

Me: Tired but mobile. How are you?

Hot Stuff: I feel really fucking weird.

Me: Me too.

Hot Stuff: What do we do now?

I don't respond right away. This was a question I had been avoiding in my own mind and is certainly not one I want to talk about with Katsuki. I have no idea what we do now. I don't think there is a guide on how to navigate a relationship with your best friend that you just had mind sex with.

Me: I have no idea. I suppose I'll just have to work harder on getting control of my quirk. What else can we do?

Katsuki doesn't respond right away either. I hear the front door shut downstairs and Uncle Zawa calling out to me.

"(Y/N)?"

"Up here!" Uncle comes up the stairs and into my room. He is still wrapped up, but he is moving a little better, at least I think he is.