51. Finally

Y/N'S POV

As soon as we appear home, I race upstairs and take out my phone. Katsuki has messaged me a handful of times throughout the day.

Hot Stuff: Fuck. This.

Hot Stuff: How long do you think it will take before we can sleep normally again? I'm fucking tired.

Hot Stuff: Tell Long Ears to fuck off.

Hot Stuff: Are you done early or something?

Hot Stuff: I can't really feel you anymore. Are you okay?

I usually come home to at least a few texts from Katsuki. Most of the time he sends random thoughts he's had or things that have pissed him off, but the past two days he's grown increasingly concerned about how my emotions change around Tamaki. The last text concerns me though.

Me: Nope, not done early. I just got back.

Me: And I'm fine. What do you mean you couldn't feel me?

I set my phone down and peel off my clothes, expecting to have to wait for his response, but my phone rings a minute later. I hesitate before answering, aware that the last time we spoke it ended up much the same as being around him in person. It only takes one more ring for me to cave.

"Hey, Cupcake." Katsuki's voice fills my body with relief and happiness when I accept the call.

"Hey, Hot Stuff," I whisper, and he sighs contentedly on the other end.

"I know I shouldn't call, but it was too much to text." I can tell he is trying to make his voice less gruff than normal, and I appreciate it.

"It's fine. I missed talking to you," I say sincerely as tears prick my eyes.

"I know, I've missed you too," he says just as sadly, and a few wet drops run down my cheek. Katsuki clears his throat loudly. "I felt all the bullshit with long ears this afternoon," Katsuki grunts in anger, trying to us it to mask the other emotions in his voice. "That asshole seriously needs to fuck off." I bristle at his words.

"Tamaki is not an asshole. Now tell me what you meant by not being able to feel me." My whole body may ache with sadness from his absence, but that doesn't mean I'm going to let him say whatever he wants about my other friends.

"Yes, he is. I don't like him," he growls out, and my stomach twists with desire.

"Katsuki!" I say as angrily as possible.

"Sorry! Jesus, Cupcake, it really doesn't take much does it?" I make an angry noise, but he ignores me. "I mean I get it, I'm irresistible, but da-"

"KATSUKI!" I yell.

"Fucking fine! You don't have to yell!" I huff but don't say anything else. I probably wouldn't be able to say anything normal right now anyway with how my body feels.

"I felt you feel super fucking ashamed with yourself – which I want to know about – and then I could tell that you weren't with that asshole anymore because your emotions were back to normal. Then they started to fade. It really freaked me out, but I could still feel you a little, and you seemed fine, so I let it go. But then there were times within the last hour or so when it was like you completely disappeared for a few seconds, and that scared the shit out of me." I try not to freak out at these words so Katsuki doesn't press any further, but it's no use. I can hide things from Insight easier than I can from Katsuki sometimes.