7. Wake up call

(Y/N) POV

The rest of Bakugo's summer vacation went like this. We would meet after I finished patrolling with Uncle Zawa, mostly in the early morning, but sometimes not until mid-day. Each day we trained harder and longer than the last, both of us pushing the other more than we would ourselves. By the last day of the first week, we had been training for over six hours when we had our first major problem.

"HOOOOT STUUUUUUFF!" I whined as I fell to the ground to avoid his punch rather than block it.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?! GET UP!" He demanded.

"I literally cannot," I explained. Before he could yell at me and demand an explanation, my stomach growled like the vicious beast it is. "Need. Food... Dying." I clutched at my chest with my left hand and reached towards an invisible savior with my right. Bakugo snorted.

"Eat a fucking power bar, and let's get back to it!"

"Can't," I said, throwing an arm over my face in mock devastation, "all gone."

"What do you mean 'all gone'?" He asked dangerously. It was my turn to snort.

"We have been training since 5:30, it is now after 12. I only brought 4 power bars and we ate those hours ago. You can't tell me you don't want food." I sat up and glared at him. He crossed his arms tightly across his chest, determined to stare me down.

"Get me food and I'll keep going until 4, leave me to starve and we stop for the day. Simple as that," I said, refusing to give in.

"Fuck me! Dammit!" He cursed as he ran out of sight.

Where the hell is he going?

"OI! ARE YOU GOING TO SIT THERE ALL FUCKING DAY OR ARE YOU GOING TO COME WITH ME AND GET SOME FUCKING FOOD?!" Grinning like a fool, I jumped up and ran after him.

After that day we took turns packing lunches and would train until I demanded we stop before one or both of us passed out. It turned out we were both pretty skilled at cooking, so, naturally, it became a competition, the meals becoming more intricate as the days progressed. Uncle Zawa was a bit confused the first time he saw me cutting out homemade noodles, but he didn't question it as long as he could eat some too. Unfortunately, this new system also led to my permanent nickname.

"What the hell do you mean you don't like sweets?!" I shrieked disbelievingly at the boy across from me who, at that moment, was refusing my baked goods. Attempting to thank Bakugo for the excellent curry he brought the day before, I made carrot cake cupcakes, one of my best recipes. Bakugo absolutely refused to try it.

"I MEAN, I DON'T FUCKING LIKE SWEETS!" But I was not dissuaded so easily. After he finished his sushi bowl, I leapt up and tackled him to the ground. He opened his mouth to shout in surprise which was just what I needed. Before he could even register what was happening, I shoved the unwrapped cupcake into his mouth. His fury only lasted about a second. Once he had time to taste it, his eyes widened in surprise and then closed almost against his will as he savored the sweet treat.

"Holy fuck," he groaned when he was finished with the force fed cupcake. "I won't say I like sweets, but that was damn good," he admitted with a small grin. I held out another, having packed four, which he took, unwrapped, and ate in two bites. I chuckled, happy that I won this round. But my happiness was short lived.

"That's it!" Bakugo exclaimed, having come to a realization. I gave him a questioning look, but he ignored me. "You can bring desserts, but no more than a once a week. Got it, Cupcake?" I nearly choked on my water. I groaned as he smirked wickedly.