04

ALSO !!! just wanted to say, that car scene with shane and andrea? it does not exist in my head, and i really wish i could erase it from my memory, but i can't so i'm erasing it in here 😁

nikki walsh sat in her tent, deep in her head. she couldn't stop thinking about her husband, shane. there was something wrong about him, hell, maybe there always was a dark side to him, and she just never noticed. but seeing him that way yesterday, how scary he was, seeing him like that. he was her husband of eight years, and she'd never seen him so determined, so...dark.

things were starting to piece together in her mind as she thought back to when they first arrived at the farm. it was like shane was a completely different person, not only did he loose the hair, he was completely different, his demeanor, the way he stared at her with such heaviness, she couldn't describe it.

that had to have been when things went wrong, right? nikki wasn't sure about that part. only thing she did know was that something happened that night her husband left for the school, and she was going to find out.

nikki was quick to stop her train of thought and look up at the sound of someone entering the tent, it was lori. "hey." nik greets the woman.

nikki could easily tell by her body language that lori was nervous about something, the way she stuffed her hands in her back pockets and pursed her lips. "hey." she flickered a smile before clearing her throat, she had something to confess, her instant guess, was about her husband, shane.

nikki furrowed her brows, "what's wrong?"

lori stood there frozen for a second, as if she debated inside her head. she took in a deep breath, "i-uh, i just had a conversation with dale. and he thinks shane killed otis."

there it was, that had to be it, nikki knew it. she felt her chest tighten, and she only blinked at the woman standing before her. "this was just now?"

lori let out a deep sigh, "yes, you might wanna have a talk with dale, he's your best bet about getting answers."

"what else did he say about shane?"

"he said that he thinks he sacrificed him. shot him and left him for the walkers so he could get away."

nikki firmly shut her eyes, and bowed down her head. she wanted to cry, or panic, or something like she was shocked, but she wasn't, she saw that this may be coming. mainly due to the fact, shane adapted to their new world quick, nikki 100% sees this as truth, but needed to speak to dale to know more about her husband.

she gulped, "and you?" nikki queried, "what do you think?"

lori shrugs, "nik, i don't know. it's just what he said. at first i thought it was crazy. but now it's all startin' to come to me. maybe he really did do it."

nikki just nodded, "thanks, lori. i'll talk to dale about it."

lori flashed her a smile, before making her exit out of the tent. and as she left, nikki began to think once more.

what else does lori know?

-

nikki sat on the dry, scratchy grass in front of a bush of beautiful white flowers. she picked at the pedals mindlessly as she stared out at the sunset, it was probably the best part of her shitty day. not only has she found out her husband is a murder, there's more secrets being kept from her.

whatever it was that lori was keeping from her, someone else had to know, and she had no doubt about that.

"i found you mommy!"

suddenly the mother felt a pair of soft, gentle arms wrapped around her, making her flinch at the sudden touch. she heard an all too familiar giggle behind her, it was lola. 

"jeez baby you scared me." nikki told her, placing my hand in my heart as she steadied her breaths, her daughter took a seat next to her.

"why are you here? auntie karleen was looking for you. we don't need you to go missing too, mom."

nikki chuckled lightly at that, "i know baby, i'm sorry. i just needed time to think."

"why?"

the mother cracked a smile to her, she couldn't let her daughter think anything was wrong, no, she had to do whatever to make sure she didn't find. "with what happened at the barn. rick and glenn going to get hershel. it just got a bit overwhelming. so i needed time to think."

"oh, okay." she responded softly, fiddling with the grass between her fingers. every time nikki looked at her daughters long, dark hair, all she saw was shane sometimes, even if she couldn't help it.

"are you sure you're okay?" lola asked with an unsure tone, curiosity glimmered in her deep, brown eyes.

shane's eyes.

nikki gave her a reassuring nod, bringing her mini me into a side hug, "yeah baby girl, i'm okay." she rested chin on the top of her head, holding her gently in her arms.

shane, shane, shane.

murderer.

or was it justified?

"do you promise, mom?"

the mother pulled away slightly to look her daughter in the eyes once more, she smiled, and tucked a piece of hair behind her child's ear, it blocked her shining eyes, "i promise."

she wished it were true.

-
!gif is of nikki talking to lori!