34

me and lola were squatted down behind what looked like a big metal electrical box, probably for the power lines that were no longer useful

we were right next to the train tracks, waiting for the three. why were we hiding? it's better to not stay out in the open like idiots, just incase.

adrenaline was coursing through my veins, and i couldn't sit still. i was finally gonna see rick again, i really didn't know how to feel because our relationship had just started when we got separated. would it be awkward? what's his reaction gonna be? is he gonna be happy? am i? i just didn't know how this was all gonna play out.

my attention was directed elsewhere when i heard a collage of footsteps coming me and lola's way, i could hear them shuffling through the fragile fall leaves.

"can you stop acting so weird and tell me what's goin' on? there ain't nothin' to smile for." i hear a familiar, deep rough voice say. i took in a deep breath, here goes.

on que, me and lola stand up from our hiding position and slowly walk into view, right on the train tracks. rick was busy looking at carl to not notice us, but when his eyes shifted, he stopped in his tracks. the expression on his face explained it all, because scratch that, i still missed him.

my worry was gone in a second when i realized, this is rick, i shouldn't hide how i felt towards him anymore. i dropped my satchel to my side, my smile growing big. rick just starts laughing, and jogs toward me. i join in with the laughter and start speed-walking, and when i was at a close enough distance, i jumped into his arms, engulfing him in a hug. i forgot everything surrounding me for a few seconds in that moment because i felt home, i finally felt okay again.

i heard him chuckling with me when i wrapped my arms around him, and i felt him do the same. when we pull away i cup his cheeks and place a peck on his lips, my heart felt as if it were gonna explode. i'm with him again, just the main man i wanted to see. finally.

me and rick were walking side my side down the train tracks with the others

me and rick were walking side my side down the train tracks with the others. michonne was strolling in front of us while the kids were in the back, having a balancing contest.

it was a beautiful day out so far, the clouds came in and out, soft breezes blew, and i was finally back with rick, so far everything is okay, i just want the others back, so maybe, when we get to terminus, they could be there.

"so how'd you get out? me n' carl nearly didn't." rick asks me, his eyes scanning our surroundings.

i just shrug, "well, when they started moving in on us i went to get lola—that's when they started blowing holes in the building, so i knew we had to get out. we cut through the administration building, to the woods, and we were on our own for a couple days til' now."

rick nods in response, grabbing my clammy hand and pulling me closer to him. i couldn't help but smile. "hey guys?" i hear carl ask. we all stop and turn to look at him, seeing him and lola looking towards each other.

"what's goin on?" i ask with curiosity, taking a step closer to them. carl takes in a breath, "me and lola were just talking and um—we were wondering, maybe we could call each other brother and sister?"

he continued, "like y'know? if someone asks who we are to each other, or we introduce ourselves, we would say we're siblings." he explains.

"it's okay if not, it's just—that's how we think of each other so we just thought." lola added, tugging the ends of her sleeves in nervousness. me and rick share a look, smiles creeping up on our faces, judging by his facial expression, he agreed with me.

i nod, "that's fine. yeah. i think it's cute honestly." him and lola share a happy look, it was adorable to me that they think of themselves as siblings. they talk like siblings, insult each other like siblings, act like siblings, it all was falling into place for us four, i really felt as if we were a family—and lola never experienced having a sibling, it seemed like it was all beginning to fall in place.

maybe terminus could be the next home, who knows? i don't know what feeling i got for this place because we aren't there yet, but like i said, who knows? this could be good for us, a fresh start even.

-
!gif is of nikki and rick reuniting!