~Chapter 5~

Donovan's Pov:

I wake up to the annoying sound of my alarm going off. I think about ignoring it and going back to sleep but it just won't shut up. I groan and stop the damn thing as I get up from the warm bed.

From my room I can hear my aunt moving around in the kitchen cooking. I still remember the promise I made to her last year for her birthday. I'm gonna make something of myself and buy her a beautiful house. She deserves the best after all that she's done for me since I was twelve.

I open my closet to grab some clothes for the day. I wanna look somewhat good for that dinner at Sophie's later tonight.

She sounded kind of worried over text last night about her brother not liking me

She sounded kind of worried over text last night about her brother not liking me. Princess basically told me to behave without actually saying the words. She's so cute but it's a good thing I don't care whether or not her brother likes me. Only thing that matters is if she does.

When I first saw her yesterday morning in the library I swear my heart stopped. She looked so perfect standing there with a book in her hands and a thoughtful look on her angelic face. I couldn't let her walk away without talking to her so I purposefully bumped into her. I didn't think she was going to topple over but I easily caught her and when my arms came into contact with her skin I felt sparks everywhere.

How could one girl be so enchanting? I honestly could have kissed her on the spot, but then she couldn't breathe properly and I knew that I had to help her. It didn't take long for me to realize she gets anxiety attacks, I could just tell. Poor thing was shaken up by the movement that I felt bad for bumping her. That, plus the fact that she's so thin, made her react as such. When I rubbed her back I could feel how malnourished she is. She probably has an eating disorder too and although my guesses are usually correct, I don't want to assume anything.

A delicate flower like her shouldn't ever have to go through those things. I wonder how long it's been going on...

"Don! Come eat breakfast" I hear my aunt shout. I make sure I'm all good to go before walking to the source of the delicious smell. There on the table is a plate of eggs with bacon and hashbrown. Aunt Marie is making herself a cup of coffee all while trying to fix her hair before she leaves for work. She's got on her blue nurse scrubs and her light brown hair is in a ponytail. You can see how tired she is from the bags under her eyes but she's still a beautiful woman who I consider a second mom.

"Mornin', thanks for the food." I sit down at the table and take a bite of bacon.

"Hey honey. So should I expect you for dinner tonight or no?" I shake my head while chewing on some hashbrowns.

"Not tonight. Sophie invited me to her place for dinner cause her brother wants to make sure I'm not an asshole." I feel a hand smack the back of my head.

"Ow!"

"Language Don. And who's this Sophie girl?" She gives me a knowing smirk as I rub my injury. Damn that woman hits hard. I don't disregard the look she gave me though. Me talking about girls is not an everyday thing. In fact, I've only ever had one girlfriend before. Her name was Emily and we were 14, just became freshman and we had a good 7 months of dating before she moved away. We ended on good terms but I just never met a girl that caught my interest. I'm 17 now and my aunt constantly asks me if I'm seeing any girls but the answer is always no.